What's new

My Melbourne Night Pics

AussieFreelancer

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 15, 2006
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
Location
Perth, WA
Hi all, I went to Melbourne last week to visit my brother, and I was really pleased with a couple of night shots, so I figured I would post them here. The first one, I think althouth I really like it, it could be improved by somehow getting rid of the glare on the lights. The nab sign is hardly even readable, as an example.

102_1104.JPG


102_1103.JPG


I really like the second one though, I think it turned out really well. I have had both printed out and enlarged. :)
 
I thing they look great.

I would agree with your opinion on the first one, I have trouble with lighted signs causing "hot spots" as well.

nice work though, I love the color in the first one.
 
like them both but the 2nd one really stands out for me
 
The COLOURS (especially as reflected on the water :drool: ) are really nice in the first.
What you might consider doing the next time you do night photography of this kind: go for a small aperture (f16 or so) and the adequate longer exposure time (tripod, remote release or timer!). The lights no longer glare that much but become "stars" ... try it. (My "knowledge" is only and exclusively from this very TPF, too, it's not that I were the ultimate expert on these things, but ... I tried it too and was happy with the outcome! ;))
 
although that is a fine idea, I am afraid my equipment is not good enough for such things :( smallest aperture is f8, and longest exposure is 8 seconds. :( ah well... when I learn to work this camera, I will get a real camera ;)
 
Oh well, so I think I know now what you are working with ... but then try to go down to that f8 and expose for those 8 seconds (only 8? Not even 15??)
 
i am using a kodak z650. as far as i can remember, it was ay f8, for 8 seconds. I tried a couple more at quicker shutter speeds - from memory about 6 and 4 seconds - but they didn't have the same colour quality as the 8 second exposure.
 
That second one is a really good shot, it's spooky.
 
First one looks great with the reflection :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom