My misrable life with Nikon and Photography

HAHAHAHAHHAHA

It's a point and shoot Coolpix P7000! What are you expecting?!? Sounds to me you were expecting all the features of a D7000 put into a point and shoot. Sometimes ya gotta manage your expectations.

Kind of applicable. Thanks TPF.

$image-3181429006.jpg

Attachments

• $image-1814235161.jpg
    $image-1814235161.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 119
Oh, do tell!

I am officially discounting this thread as trolling... refocusing software.... PPPFFFTTT
View attachment 33222

Before and after the use of focus magic.. ideal for P7000's idiotic messy miss

its just a fancy resharpening program. you can do the same thing in photoshop.
I would suspect that the photos look pretty poor at 100%, and even worse with any kind of enlargment.
there is no substitute for learning how to take good pictures with the equipment you have.

........its just a fancy resharpening program. you can do the same thing in photoshop.
I would suspect that the photos look pretty poor at 100%, and even worse with any kind of enlargment.
there is no substitute for learning how to take good pictures with the equipment you have.

X2.

I am officially discounting this thread as trolling... refocusing software.... PPPFFFTTT
View attachment 33222

Before and after the use of focus magic.. ideal for P7000's idiotic messy miss

its just a fancy resharpening program. you can do the same thing in photoshop.
This is not sharpening... well it is but it done in more of analyzed way which Photoshop cannot do without this plugin.
$focus magic2.jpg
I'm also not going to say it does magic but it sure did make sure I gave out nice looking prints without any of them being out of focus (Soft)

Photoshop is generally much more powerful than people think, many of the automatic actions and programs that do fancy things are simply taking a series of basic steps using core tools and then applying a set of fixed values to them with some options later for control. This means that whilst the single pass of sharpening in photoshop might not get the same results, the combination of that with other tools in photoshop could likely get you to the exact same results (or at least very similar results).

The code is just sharpening - online you can get away with that a lot (tiny resized versions of photos online are very forgiving - you can reduce noise and sharpen a lot to hide away errors or problems which show up at larger viewing sizes or in prints).

Would it not be better just to learn how to properly focus to begin with?

I think what you need to do is post a small selection (two or three at most) of your failed photos under those conditions and provide the following information:

Shutter speed - ISO - aperture as well as detailing the focusing mode you used, any support lighting, the conditions of the shot. Also include how you went about taking the photo - how did you focus, compose and take the photo. Go through all the steps. Chances are you might be making more than one mistake which, whilst small on its own, is adding up to the increased problems that you are experiencing.

With those photos we can get a better idea of how you are taking your photos and where your problems are - without the info we can only suggest possibilities which might well just cause frustration since they might not be the ones that you are experiencing.

You also mention that you are disabled without (I think) mentioning the nature of this disability; I'm not going to press you to release such information if you don't wish to, but I know that some disabilities can result in increased trouble for photography - however there are often methods which can help overcome these (there are also several disabled photographer groups around the new who could further suggest ideas depending upon the nature of your disability).

to me, the "sharpened, or focused" pictures look a lot worse because of the severe noise introduced. seems to me like they should have been focused properly from the beginning...

Most reactions

Back