What's new

My Mothers Flowers

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Apr 13, 2010
Messages
9,027
Reaction score
2,175
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got these flowers for her for Christmas, and she asked me to photograph them. Thoughts?

MomsFlowers.jpg
 
They blend in with the background too much. So many elements are the same in both your subject and the background. Things like the red flowers and the red splotches, the white flowers and the white splotches, the bokehlights and the babies breath. And they are all relatively the same size to boot! The greenery is dark, and so is your background.

See how much sameness is in the two? Squint at it, and tell me you can distinctly see the subject.

Find a simpler background and try again. It would be more successful if you only had one element in common between the two, like bokehdots and the babies breath.
 
Hmm, and here I was, thinking I was festive! Whoops! Thanks for the feedback.
 
Yes, i too feel the unwanted interference of the B/G ; otherwise OK; but you presented mom the flowers and not B/G so no regrets ;)

Regards :D
 
Last edited:
Maybe if you tried moving the flowers away from the lights and using the smallest aperture you can, you might be able to get the bokeh circles to fill more of the background.
 
Maybe if you tried moving the flowers away from the lights and using the smallest aperture you can, you might be able to get the bokeh circles to fill more of the background.

I definitely need to retry. I wanted the bokeh more clustered together, but since the lights were on the tree I was limited.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom