My Neice

terri976

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
this is my neice Jasmine, I'm not comfortable taking shots of people. How'd I do? Be honest please, Thinking of having this framed for Jasmines mother..
jas1.jpg

She got a great pose and expression there. The only thing I would have changed would be to get her whole feet in at the bottom of the frame and left a little less at the top. A diffuser would help with the light on her left cheek and a reflector or fill flash to get more light on the bottom half of her face and add the "catch" light to her eyes to give them some additional sparkle. Though I ususally prefer some more DOF with portraits I think this background works well and doesn't detract from your subject at all. I am sure her mother would love this photo!

nice photo... although I don't like the cropping... lack of bottom part... If she was whole in the pic. it wuld be lovely

I agree... if you're going to take a body picture... get it all... if not... and you just want to take a portrait or a closeup... cut and cut like you mean it!

if you had left her whole body in, that would have moved her head up to fit into the "rule of thirds suggestion", rather than being right in the middle of the frame.

I personally love to see extreme closeups of kids making faces and doing the things that make them kids. don't feel uncomfortable photographing people, just have fun, and shoot shoot shoot!

that said... very cute... i'm sure her mom will love it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back