My nephew

MATTY_T

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These photo's were taken last week when I went to the zoo with my 2 yr old nephew. Most of my photography so far has been landscape, so Im still kind of new at the portrait style. C&C please. thanks.

view post #3 for the updated photos. thanks.

here are the "original" ones in case anyone wants to check them out...

Last edited:
O.K., he's a tough guy! Acuttally, he is quite cute. The contrast is a bit shallow. I like the second more than the first. The first, albeit really cool with the glasses, doesn't need to be centered.

Comming from lanscape you will find a whole new world in protrait photography (and visa versa). I think you are on the right track. Nice job blurring the background, but a smaller DOF would be nice I think.

-Nick

O.K., he's a tough guy! Acuttally, he is quite cute. The contrast is a bit shallow. I like the second more than the first. The first, albeit really cool with the glasses, doesn't need to be centered.

Comming from lanscape you will find a whole new world in protrait photography (and visa versa). I think you are on the right track. Nice job blurring the background, but a smaller DOF would be nice I think.

-Nick

Nick, thanks for the feedback. I took your suggestion about the contrast and tweaked the photos just a little bit in photoshop. I'm going to post the pictures now. How about the exposure, does it look to be off at all or does it look okay?

Photos with the contrast adjusted:
jordan1_fixed.png

jordan2_fixed_copy.png

Last edited:
Nick, thanks for the feedback. I took your suggestion about the contrast and tweaked the photos just a little bit in photoshop. I'm going to post the pictures now. How about the exposure, does it look to be off at all or does it look okay?

To me the exposure seemed a bit bright at first, but then I realized it was just the sepia look. Truthfully, I'm not a big fan, but that's just my opinion.

I like the contrast much better now. The only problem is his head seems to get lost with the background (the ground). Again, I think this is more of a sepia thing that anything else.

I like them though. I am afraid if I don't say that you will send him after me! He is really adorable. I love the smile.

-Nick

Most reactions

New Topics

Back