My new f1.7 prime lens

MillerPhotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all, please find a couple of photos from my new (well around 1977 - 1984) f1.7 50mm prime lens. Just received it and had to take a couple of photos before the weekend. So please with the results already!..

1. The Lens
lens.jpg

2. Nice and sharp
cup.jpg

3. Flowers
flowers.jpg

Nice lens! It was also supplied with ME-Super cameras I think. Are you using it on a Pentax DSLR?

Not trying to be super critical, but shot #2 is definitely not sharp.

Yes, these are from my Pentax dSLR. I didn't know about the super ME, will do sone research. I don't mind the CC at all :)

I love the fact it's old, probably nearly as old as me (34). Yet with the Pentax K mount, I can literally "plug and play" with a brand new dSLR body. There aren't many technologies whereby a new model doesnt supercede the old version and makes it "out of date or incompatible". It means that I can, with some confidence, buy used lenses that appear to a beginner, solid, well put together (must be if it's working perfectly after this time) at a good price and the likelihood is, it's value will be retained and give years of pleasure.. and I can continue to use it should I upgrade the body (remaining with Pentax) Compare that to an iPad (I know it's not a direct comparison but you get my drift)...

that is deff not a sharp picture.

I love the fact it's old, probably nearly as old as me (34). Yet with the Pentax K mount, I can literally "plug and play" with a brand new dSLR body. There aren't many technologies whereby a new model doesnt supercede the old version and makes it "out of date or incompatible". It means that I can, with some confidence, buy used lenses that appear to a beginner, solid, well put together (must be if it's working perfectly after this time) at a good price and the likelihood is, it's value will be retained and give years of pleasure.. and I can continue to use it should I upgrade the body (remaining with Pentax) Compare that to an iPad (I know it's not a direct comparison but you get my drift)...

Except it won't auto focus :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back