My new fishy toy!

JerryPH

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
After all my talk of holding off my purchases until the economy gets better, I go and order myself a new toy... lol

It's kind of a "well done" pat on my back to myself, as I won a rather large government contract to educate 200-250 IT people over a 2 year period just today (see, Vista is good for something... my job security! :lol:).

I just *had* to purchase one of the 2 lenses I am looking at getting (the Nikkor 14-24 is the other lens I am going to get, but it will have to wait a few more months... my b-day is coming in July, what better time to treat myself to the big present than then!)

Anyways, this is what I ordered:

3275375728_d12c6f8564_o.jpg

The Sigma 15mm F/2.8 fisheye. :D
I've wanted a fisheye for a while now, but I was planning to get the Nikkor 14-24 first. As it turns out, since the price for the 14-24 is crazy nuts now, the Sigma comes first, Nikkor 14-24 will come later.

I was looking at the Nikon 16mm fisheye, but with very close performance numbers between the two lenses, 1 incredibly important full mm more for the Sigma (lol), and at 1/2 the price, this was the best option for me. On top of that, it's a FX lens that will give me the full fishy 15mm effect on my D700.

Let's face it, no one uses a fisheye all the time... it is a limited use specialty lens, but the effects are fun, unique and add to my pleasure. That alone was worth the price of admission! :)

I expect it to arrive sometime next week, I am looking forward to some stinky fishy kinda photos! :lmao:

Nice lens, Jerry, and congrats on your contract.

Congratz Jerry on a nice purchase.

Congrats Jerry
Always wanted a fisheye, but couldn't justify the purchase because it has such a limited use.
Be sure and post some shots!

I did the same thing this month and, picked up the Nikon 10.5 to have a fun lens. Congrats on the new toy. I havent used one in years and forgot how much fun they are.

After all my talk of holding off my purchases until the economy gets better, I go and order myself a new toy... lol

The only way the economy is going to improve is if people spend money - if you can afford it - buy it - there is no reason to delay!

I'm looking forward to seeing your first photographs.

You will find it usefull for other things as well. I shot a condo for Remax last week and they were VERY happy. It had tiny rooms and the fisheye with its 180 diagonal view was perfect for the job. PP is done with a action to remove the distortion so they look normal.

The little rooms looked big.

Cheers DeadEye

Most reactions

New Topics

Back