My New Website/Blog! C&C please!

cbarnard7

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey all,

I am starting an adventure blog/website for all of my travels. It's mostly for my friends and family, but I'd eventually like to start a forum for others to discuss hikes/camping/adventures...etc. Also, I'd eventually like to start possibly selling prints of my pictures. For now it's in the early stages (I don't even have a domain yet!) But, please let me know what you all think!

PS: I will categorize the photos into separate pages later!

http://cbarnard7.wix.com/theeverydayadventure

:D

Lose the music playing on your site it will only turn people away. You site is easy to navigate and visually pleasing but i find the text in you blog area and about us hard to read. Maybe its just my eyes.

You have some nice pictures which i enjoyed. good luck with the site.

Lose the music playing on your site it will only turn people away. You site is easy to navigate and visually pleasing but i find the text in you blog area and about us hard to read. Maybe its just my eyes.

You have some nice pictures which i enjoyed. good luck with the site.

Thanks Shane- do you not like the song, or not the idea of music in general?

I liked the site and I disagree with Shane about the music. I use music on my site, but only on the home page. I also have a gallery of slideshows that feature music prominently. I know I am in the minority on this but I think music, if used judicially and thoughtfully, can enhance a website.

I thought your site was easy to navigate but I also found the text a bit hard to read in the blog and about us area. Perhaps change the color of the text or move it about a bit?

just my personal opinion, i dislike music playing on sites. Others may disagree.

Okay, I changed the background of the "About me" so it's easier to read!

Thats much easier to read.

Having music turns more people off than it turns on. Not having it won't turn anyone off. Therefore it's a no-brainer in my book.

About me. ........... About us. Pick one.

It's a nice looking design, but I bailed early because of the music. If I want to listen to music, I have plenty right here to choose from. And if I'm already listening to what I want, I don't want some web site messing that up for me.

Alright- I took off the music (so now you old people won't complain ;)) and changed the About Us thing!

I do appreciate the input, though. Thanks a bunch!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back