What's new

My nicest shots so far, total noob

Caramanos2000

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 18, 2012
Messages
25
Reaction score
3
Location
Puerto Rico
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, just wanted to show you guys what ive been able to do with about a month or so of playing around with the camera. Still getting used to it, hoping to hear back from you guys about how to improve :mrgreen: All the pics are without filters as they hadnt arrived yet.

$56978_10152161666215230_1384695793_o.webp$66497_10152169154480230_398197653_n.webp$77799_10152169153785230_1672787211_o.webp$77999_10152161665950230_747943015_o.webp$155167_10152155780805230_1190288123_n.webp$172697_10152195287875230_152205605_o.webp$189291_10152148317405230_41154850_n.webp$189382_10152146597945230_469107836_n.webp$204741_10152146613400230_2064210206_o.webp$229834_10152146621840230_1688467236_n.webp
 
Nice shots. Usually you don't want to photobomb a page... Are you wanting CC?
 
Yes please lol, just looking for opinions on how I could improve. If you guys notice any issues or problems that are obvious please point them out. I basically bought it and went out to take a few thousand pictures to give myself a crash course.
 
I'm not gonna C&C, I'm a noob myself, some nice photos though :D
I especially like the third one (at the very top right)
 
I like the smoke on the right side of that Heineken beer bottle picture.
Maybe that one is better in black and white ?

I prefer your night shots.
 
Nice pictures. I particularly like the first "car/truck" photo, which I think catches the mood of being on the road at night, and the dog portrait, in which the dog's eyes just pull you in. Also the composition of the dog image is, I believe, excellent. The center of attention (again, the eyes) is not at the center of the frame, which would have made the image less interesting. I also like the curve of the dog's body at the upper left. When I look at a shot like the pigeon (?) it is centered and nicely separated from the background by the exposure, but it doesn't make it for me as a photo, other than an informative photo like a picture in a dictionary next to the work "pigeon". I also liked the bee on the flower, which has for my money perfect depth of field and lots of action in a static shot, if that makes any sense.
 
Yes please lol, just looking for opinions on how I could improve. If you guys notice any issues or problems that are obvious please point them out. I basically bought it and went out to take a few thousand pictures to give myself a crash course.

Thanks for posting so many of them. I would say, get a book or two about photography, and study the book's lessons, and just keep taking photos. Really READ and LOOK at the book, and then try and take the lessons it has, and put them into practice. As you can see, your camera is capable of some good work.!Hay que practicar!!!
 
If you have no books handy internet is full of info not only for starters.
 
A basket full of images....you have not numbered them too..... you have talent in you as is understood from your images...but have mercy upon us.... just three or four in a set please ;)
Regards :D
 
Thanks for all the CC, I could not agree more on the pigeon picture. All my friends love it but I think its too traditional or mundane. I will try and keeo the pic count down and number them so CC is easier, thanks again guys :)
 
What I can see from the large overview of your photographic work of the past month is that you have tried your hands in very many different fields of photography, and not necessarily in a poor way. You seem to already know quite well what you are doing when you take up your camera. Whether it be night photography (surprises me again and again how relative newbies to the hobby seem to START out with night photos when it took me personally decades to finally venture into that area... oh well, just a personal observation), landscape, wildlife, portraits, close-ups, in-doors, even the moon. There are all kinds of photos. Good.

You ask to hear just about ANY observations we might have? Well, in the one portrait of the very first lot you posted (first post, last photo, if I remember right) what struck me immediately is how you cropped off her fingers and toes at the bottom of the frame. That should never happen to you any longer when you take a photo of ... your girlfriend (?). Or any person, for that matter.

When it comes to what I myself quite like (all just a matter of taste here, not solid critiquing), it is the leaning fence. And the background colour of the first white heron photo.
 
What I can see from the large overview of your photographic work of the past month is that you have tried your hands in very many different fields of photography, and not necessarily in a poor way. You seem to already know quite well what you are doing when you take up your camera. Whether it be night photography (surprises me again and again how relative newbies to the hobby seem to START out with night photos when it took me personally decades to finally venture into that area... oh well, just a personal observation), landscape, wildlife, portraits, close-ups, in-doors, even the moon. There are all kinds of photos. Good.

You ask to hear just about ANY observations we might have? Well, in the one portrait of the very first lot you posted (first post, last photo, if I remember right) what struck me immediately is how you cropped off her fingers and toes at the bottom of the frame. That should never happen to you any longer when you take a photo of ... your girlfriend (?). Or any person, for that matter.

When it comes to what I myself quite like (all just a matter of taste here, not solid critiquing), it is the leaning fence. And the background colour of the first white heron photo.

I hadnt noticed the fingers and toes! Nice catch lol, oops. Thanks for pointing that out :)
 
As a fellow noob, my only recomendations would be to research composure and the rule of thirds, which is present in a few of your shots but not many. That being said, I think #3 and #6 are the best. The others have great subject matter, but are too cropped.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom