My Only Model... CC please?

Amber_Cullen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Since I'm done watching the kids, and I don't see my nieces and nephews often enough, oh and I don't have any kids of my own, I'm pretty limited on subjects for my amazing photographic work. So Barnum has been on the receiving end of my lens for the past few days. I've been trying to do some different and artistic ways of photographing him, not exactly easy considering I'm pretty uncreative most of the time. :er: But what do you think of these?

2869177190_1fbbf4e9fc.jpg

2868342575_292a58610f.jpg

Love everything about #1, even the tilt, all except the background. It murders it.

Sorry, but IMO, #2 looks like you just walked up to the dog and pressed the shutter button. Gorgeous dog with beautiful eyes though.

I'm with kundalini, I really like number one. But the background makes him seem to blend in to me. Looks like a good model too, my black lab would never allow a ball to sit out there in the open like that. He would never sit like that period, hehe.

I'll have to re-attempt #1, I tried to accomplish something like that a bunch of times and thats the only one that came out any good

Keep on trying. Sometimes it's patience and persistence and then sometimes it's just dumb luck.

I really do like the expression of the dog in #1 with the pose, it's tounge hanging out and the OOF working. Just find a better location.

Also, in #1 I'd like to see the ball 100% in focus, it starts to drop off a bit at the top. I do agree about the dog blending into the background on it as well.

I love #1 but as everyone else says the background takes away from the picture. Good job though!

When it comes to the first one I am distracted by the backround, I think the idea is worth re-shooting.

The second one is a nice picture, just not amazing. It lacks the creativity displayed in the first.

Sometimes with dogs you have to take lots of pictures to get one that turns out the way you want it, and other times you get it on the first try. :)

I like #1 a lot, but like others have said, I'd try to redo it in a park maybe where the background is only grass and dog.

Most reactions

Back