My only view

sscarmack

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This has been my only view for the past 3 days.

I've been deer watching, getting set up for Archery Season.

This is right behind my house. The whole property is about 50 acres, and across the way its probably 500 acres.

There are a lot of Deer running through our area, however I have been coming up short.

Right now they are still skittish and I can't get near close enough, rut season can't come soon enough.

14814018479_4f414d72b5_c.jpg

Nikon D4
70-200 2.8 w/ 2x convertor
1/250 f5.6 iso6400
140mm

Oh, and this little guy stopped to say hi. Thats about it haha

14814450030_e2e73a1b19_c.jpg

I hope you find what you are looking / waiting for. You have more patience than I do.

I didn't read your post clearly enough and spent a few minutes trying to find the dear in the picture. The squirrel is really cute! :D

I didn't read your post clearly enough and spent a few minutes trying to find the dear in the picture. The squirrel is really cute! :D

I didn't see a deer in that first one but if you look between the center tree and the one on it's right, you will see a valociraptor trying to run away. (almost at the top right ROT's intersection.)

I didn't see a deer in that first one but if you look between the center tree and the one on it's right, you will see a valociraptor trying to run away. (almost at the top right ROT's intersection.)

So funny Ron, I am watching Jurrasic 3 right now for a few minutes :)

you ou will get your shot, just keep at it!
Nancy

Ah, I see the problem. Robbins figured it out some time ago. Go looking for bears instead. Or raccoons. Murphy's third law of photography will then make your intended targets scarce and fill up the field of view with unwanted distractions, like deer.

Haha yes. My mosquito story. I remember now! Damn, I knew I was doing something wrong lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like kicking myself in the rear!!!!

Here's what happened.

I made a nice path to get back into the woods, cleared all the fallen trees and little sticks on the ground. So when I walk back I'm not making a lot of noise and scare them off. Duh right?

Well I get to the end of my path and was getting ready to head to my normal spot, which today I found out it's poison ivy as I have spots all over. Yay me.

I took one more step and stopped to survey the area. Scanned left, scanned right. Nothing. Okay good. I can be as loud as I want.

I went to take my next step and I saw this head pop up about 50 yards away. His eyes were on me like one of coastalconns osprey on fish lol

I tried to not move and hold steady. Even being in camo from head to toe. This guy saw me. Knew I was in his territory.

He raised his hoofs and started pounding the ground. And I knew he was going to take off.

I drew my camera as fast and slow as I could without drawing too much attention and scaring him off too soon.

I raise the viewfinder to my right eye, slowly close my left. Took a quick deep breath. And slammed down the shutter and not even a second later he darted off into the distance.

I quit

Just wanted to share my photo and today's story. Obviously it's out of focus. I missed the shot. There was way too much brush in between me and him and I could hit the focus. The focus motor was going insane back n forth.

But at least I know he's out there.

Nice little buck.

Zoomed in on camera, photo taken with iPhone.

3787115d629e73df8a54c68d8ddc353c.jpg

Ya know, maybe you're overthinking it. Got any carrots?

I do not. I put out some kettle corn or whatever it is. Comes in a 50lb bag. They seem to be going through that pretty quick.

Carrots though?

Wait, did you say 'archery' season? You are not going to bait him to shoot him with arrows are you? :(
Nancy

Yeah that's the name of the game.

I've been tossing up the idea of just hunting with my camera though.

No worries about gutting anything then ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back