What's new

My photo blog - 'Captured' - accompanied by unique haikus

AnneCaptures

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 22, 2012
Messages
6
Reaction score
3
Location
Maine
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Captured

Hi! So I created this photo blog (posted above) in hopes to get my name out there and to move in the right direction on making this VERY enjoyable hobby into more. I have also posted the photos below (without the haiku poems). Any feedback/critiques on photos and/or any advice on how to move forward with my photography would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! :)

#1

portland+sunrise+harbor.jpg




#2

funky+glass+shot+2.jpg




#3

25.jpg




#4

dandelion+3.jpg




#5

walking+into+sunset-1.jpg




#6

Mattie+fierce+eye.jpg




#7

DSC_0023.JPG
 
Last edited:
Post some of your photos asking for feedback.

Adding a link in your first post looks like spam.
 
You'll get more feedback if you post photos directly to this thread. Make sure to number them!
 
Hi Anne. Do you want straight comments ? Not everything will be sweet.
 
Yes, what have you got?
 
I like most of the images
#1: very colorful; i think there is a tilt in the horizon
#2: This is really something special :D
#3: I liked the instance you chose to click
#4: This one i have seen in ad. of samsung Galaxy S3 ;)
#5: Wonderful concept; but save your image from tilt
#6:Lovely
#7: a confusing image

Regards :D
 
Too many for a detailed C&C.. usually I won't bother with more than two or three! Most obvious is:

#1 too much dark foreground.. a crop might save it
#2 looks OOF.... no interest for me.
#3 good selective focus but the brightest area is the deck prior to the people.. that draws the eye, even with the leading lines
#4 odd framing.. shooting vertically and showing more stem would have balanced the shot better
#5 subject centered, horizon is tilted.. shadow does make for interesting leading lines... but not much of interest at the end of them
#6 pretty cat.. but there is a reason most of us dislike selective color. This does not add to the image.
#7 What is it? Looks like some sort of backlit floral something.. but can't make anything out. Not an abstract.. not a study in lines.. ?????
 
Thanks for the feedback! I appreciate any and all of it :) I learn something new everyday about photography. Next post I'll stick to fewer photos.
 
Yes, what have you got?
I just now checked the tread, too late. Just to add; you have quite a diversification of interest that it might be a hindrance. Mastering so many shooting styles at once might proof tough. Not only for you. Maybe will be wise to concentrate on one style for the next let say 300 frames and analyse that before moving on ?
 
Yes I have been told that before, I haven't decided which style to concentrate on yet but I know I need to just pick one and go with it. Thank you!
 
Yes I have been told that before, I haven't decided which style to concentrate on yet but I know I need to just pick one and go with it. Thank you!

Or at least post photos with a similar theme.. maintain some congruity between them. With such a wide variety of subjects and lighting is much harder to get an idea of "where" you are.. and what you are needing to improve on.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom