My Return

AIRIC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.airic.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It has been weeks since my last post as I have had a few issues to deal with. April 24th my wife and I flew to Alberta for an 11 day vacation in the Rockies in the hopes of capturing all its beauty and wildlife. Well, within hours of landing in Calgary I ended up in the Peter Lougheed Centre. A place I would stay for the next 11 days (not getting out until the day we were supposed to fly home) and have 18” of my colon removed. After my release we stayed with a friend of the family for another 5 days while I got better. An associate of mine took us up to Banff for a day where I was able to at least get in a few images. We did the Sulphur Mountain Gondola, Johnston Canyon where I walked way to much for just having surgery and Lake Louise where it was very windy and cold. By that time I was done and worn out but at least I had a few images on the HD to show for my 16 days away from home and all the money we spent.

Some shots from Sulphur Mountain

cal2007557476_copy.jpg

cal2007557478_copy.jpg

cal2007557515_copy.jpg

My wife and I on top. For those that have met me it is pretty easy to see I lost 25-30 lbs during my ordeal.

cal2007557486_copy.jpg

Next stop was Johnston Canyon. A much longer walk from the parking lot then I expected. The Doctor did say to get some exercise in :)

cal20075575432.jpg

cal20075575437.jpg

The road to Banff
cal2007557420.jpg

cal2007557438.jpg

cal2007557582.jpg

My only wildlife shot of the trip
cal2007557591.jpg

The return home
yycyyz2007577639.jpg

yycyyz2007577711.jpg

More photos from the trip can be seen at http://www.airic.ca/html/banff.html

Since I have not been able to get out I have set up a setting to grab some shots from the kitchen window. This is an American Gold Finch.

backyard20075117795.jpg

backyard20075117802.jpg

This morning I was a bad boy and snuck out early to go play with some Ospreys and went against everyone’s advice to take it easy. I thought lifting my 7.4lbs of camera would help be get my stomach muscles back in shape :)

osprey20075127823.jpg

osprey20075127842.jpg

osprey20075127849.jpg

osprey20075127845.jpg

So that is my life the last few weeks. I’m done for a few hours and heading back to bed for the suggested rest I should be getting.

Cheers,

Eric

Eric, it's sooooOOOoooo awesome to see you posting again!!! You've been missed, for sure. It's really unfair that your much-looked-forward-to vacation ended up the way it did. But I'm so glad that you're feeling better now (and parading your svelte self around osprey territory. Man, you have lost weight!!!)

Your Calgary pictures are beautiful...I'm surprised to see there was still so much snow there. The trees look like someone sprinkled icing sugar on them...very pretty, and I love the grey clouds against the blue sky in those first few shots. The scenery is spectacular.

And those osprey shots...WOW!!! Well done. Looks like they did a few fly-bys to check out the skinny guy with the big camera ( :lol: ). Glad you got out and shooting, as I'm sure you've been chomping at the bit to get out there.

Take care of yourself, okay?

Great shots, I love the scenery in these photographs, I hope you feel a lot better now.

Wholly smokes (well, that's not exaclty what I said out loud, but this is a family site). I can't believe the ordeal that you went through and the awful timing of it. I am happy to see that you are on the mend now. Thanks for sharing this with all of us. Now, listen to your doctor and take it easy!

wow great shots, i really like number 5!

YAY Erics back!!

good to see you posting again mate

welcome back! :)

some very nice images... would not know where to start with the commenting though ;)

:thumbup: Good to see you back- Great shots too.

Hey man...glad you are well. Brilliant shooting as always. Those mountains shots are killer Eric. Excellent stuff.
:thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks everyone. Berni and I can’t wait to get back to Alberta to give the trip another try, maybe next year. I’m recovering well and the Finches and other birds in the back yard are keeping me busy shooting without having to go out to much to shoot, although I plan another trip back to the Ospreys soon.

Cheers,

Eric

Some awsome images there Eric. Particularly like the first mountain shots. Wishing you a speedy recovery and all the best for the future :) :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back