My ride got some new wheels.

rangerman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I took my truck to get some new wheels. I brought my D70s along to document the process. Here are some shots I would like to share, Comments are all welcome.

1)Jacked the truck to inspect the dampers.
4711438886_695c966fc1_b.jpg

2) Getting the rubber into my original rims.
4692784168_5af34f4e28_b.jpg
More to come later........
pls comment.
4711438886_695c966fc1_b.jpg

Theres not much to comment because your subject(the new wheels) is nowhere to be seen?

And 10 views is nothing.

I do like 1st shot's composition though

I actually like the "dreamy" look of the second photo. As someone who installs tires for a living, it shows what most of us are thinking while we work... Anything but what we are doing.

It is nice to see that Tire Techs use the same crappy equipment the world over. :lol:

Hi guys,

I'm gonna dig into my files to find the wheels that has been replaced. I'm sure I took some shots of them. I know I shot the rims, Rims are cleaned and new tyre valves (for air) replaced.

New tyres were filled, Love these babies. :hug::
4690565901_4bddf23e80_b.jpg
The rims were cleaned. (Not all are mine).
4689479719_61e296a4fd_b.jpg

What's going on with the focus on this?? It's confusing me.... The jack is in focus but there's what looks like a jpg artifact around the back wheel of it,... The paint pot in the foreground is in focus but the axle stand next to it isn't and neither is the section of shelf inline with it. Same goes for the disc brake on show - it's in focus but the lower arm it's attached to isn't?

Could be a nice pictures but to my eyes it's full of inconsistencies? has it been through any photoshop like programs prior to posting on here?

Someone above mentioned the "dreamy" quality to the first two pictures, and I agree. However, since this is a car garage and it's all manly and oily and stuff, maybe use a PP program to make the photos look more gritty and "manly." Sorry, I don't know a better word to use!!

This comment has nothing to do with the photos, but was that jack in the #1 placed on the oil pan to lift the front of the truck? You may want to check for damage if it was...

What's going on with the focus on this?? It's confusing me.... The jack is in focus but there's what looks like a jpg artifact around the back wheel of it,... The paint pot in the foreground is in focus but the axle stand next to it isn't and neither is the section of shelf inline with it. Same goes for the disc brake on show - it's in focus but the lower arm it's attached to isn't?

Could be a nice pictures but to my eyes it's full of inconsistencies? has it been through any photoshop like programs prior to posting on here?

Thanks for the comment. Yes, in post processing, not necessarily using photoshop, there was a soft focus effect added. Hence, as some mentioned, "dreamy". The original shot was taken at f5.6, leaving almost everything in focus, but it was too messy and lots of distractions (someone pointed out). But I am glad you can pin-point the objects in focus and out of focus. ;)

This comment has nothing to do with the photos, but was that jack in the #1 placed on the oil pan to lift the front of the truck? You may want to check for damage if it was...

Thank you Mr. Rat-man667, I've attached another photo of another day when I sent the truck for checking and wheel alignments, the jack was placed not at the center, but rather more towards the sides. I need to get under the truck to check for damages, thank you for pointing it out. You're a pro. :thumbup:

4723444204_2bb2d1ab97_b.jpg

Sloppy post-production in #1. You can see the effect clearly around the wheel of the red jack.

Thank you for commenting, pls keep it coming, all comments are welcome.

I've dug deeper into my files and got this photo of front disc brake, (driver's side, we drive on the right not left).

It's coated with some rust, I think this is common. :lol:
The brake pads had just been replaced new. :thumbup:

4719633444_fc888e2190_b.jpg

Most reactions

Back