My Sal****er Reef tank.........

Reeforbust

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
fijifull.jpg

feather.jpg

zoos2.jpg

Teehee. The system does not allow for the word t-w-a-t, so you cannot even type out sal-t-w-a-t-er tank...

But you can post photos of it!
And you did!
And they are amazing. Very crisp and clear. I think I like the last best of all, though it is really hard to tell if there is a "best" out of all these three very good ones.

#3 Makes me think of some sci-fi movies. I think it's hard to imagine any stranger critters than we have in the sea. Something about this makes my skin crawl. I can just imagine the ungulating tentacles grasping about for food. I love it!

T-W-A-T....!!!! Ohhhh....I was trying to figure out what I spelled:lol: Yeah, guess tha is a bad word.

Thanks for the compliments....The tanks finally lookin good!

red1.jpg

Anemone.jpg

Alex06 said:
#3 Makes me think of some sci-fi movies. I think it's hard to imagine any stranger critters than we have in the sea. Something about this makes my skin crawl. I can just imagine the ungulating tentacles grasping about for food. I love it!

I've got a Brittle Starfish and let me tell ya......When you get ahold of that thing, your spine will shiver with the E-B-Geebee's!!!!!:lol:

LMAO oh my god, fun with profanity filters.

Aside from that, Great shots!

LaFoto said:
Teehee. The system does not allow for the word t-w-a-t, so you cannot even type out sal-t-w-a-t-er tank...

But you can post photos of it!
And you did!
And they are amazing. Very crisp and clear. I think I like the last best of all, though it is really hard to tell if there is a "best" out of all these three very good ones.

Yeah, one forum I went on once didn't allow me to use my name Jophassa as it contained a certain obscenity.

I am guessing those pics are through the glass. How about investing in an underwater case so you can take the best pics possible?

jophassa said:
I am guessing those pics are through the glass. How about investing in an underwater case so you can take the best pics possible?

Naaaaa, most of my "through the glass" pics turn out good enough for me. I would rather spend the money on more coral!!

nice shots, really like the last two... :thumbup:

I must say that your fish tank is might impressive. Care to indulge us all with a pic. of the whole thing?

How big is the tank? And I hope you dont live in a neighbourhood which experiences many drive-bys. A stray bullet would be most unfortunate.

But someday it will all grow up and be cool.:D

It's a 125 gallon tank with a 46 gallon sump under the cabinet. 6 feet long, 18 inches deep and 24 inches tall.

fullview.jpg

Slap my head with i am being totally idiotic but, are there any fishy wishies? Is it part of your endeavour to save the world's coral reefs etc.?

I've got a clown, a Damsel and some other small fish.......Not much. I used to have a few Tang's but I sold them for twice what I paid for them.
I never pass up money....;)

I'm more into the Coral's and Invert's

It's startin' to look right nice, Reef. Is the coralline algae growing on the back wall really that blue or is it the WB? Have you got those powerheads set up as a wave maker?

I used to run the salt section of an aquarium shop. When The Wife® and I bought our house a couple of years ago, I briefly considered setting my 90-gal up as a mini reef but didn't feel we could take the money drain. So, it's fresh for now.

jophassa said:
How about investing in an underwater case so you can take the best pics possible?

I'm guessing that submerging an underwater enclosure (with flash) up to your elbows will displace a couple of gallons of water or so. Now, imagine framing your shot while doing that on a step ladder, bent over the big glass box, looking down through the rippled surface of the water, as you try to maneuver the rig around your carefully stacked live rock and delicate invertebrates. :lol:

Now, if you had a 1000-gallon tank or larger, you could possibly consider snorkeling...

Most reactions

Back