My Sal****er Reef tank.........

PetersCreek said:
It's startin' to look right nice, Reef. Is the coralline algae growing on the back wall really that blue or is it the WB? Have you got those powerheads set up as a wave maker?

The Coralline is really that blue when the 750watt, 14k Hamilton bulbs are burnin!! It's actually blue'ish/purple'ish!?!
The Tunze power heads are electronically controlled.....alternating off/on/off every minute or so.

I can't wait to get some more Coral......just gotta save my pennies!! Especially the pretty Pennies, cause it takes it!:lol:

I told my wife it might cost $600-700 to do this.....WRONG! Right now I've got about $3500 in it....:banghead: What was I thinkin?:)

Reeforbust said:
The Coralline is really that blue when the 750watt, 14k Hamilton bulbs are burnin!! It's actually blue'ish/purple'ish!?!
The Tunze power heads are electronically controlled.....alternating off/on/off every minute or so.

I can't wait to get some more Coral......just gotta save my pennies!! Especially the pretty Pennies, cause it takes it!:lol:

I told my wife it might cost $600-700 to do this.....WRONG! Right now I've got about $3500 in it....:banghead: What was I thinkin?:)

WOW!!

Reeforbust said:
Right now I've got about $3500 in it.

I have no trouble believin' that. My back of the envelope guesstimate for my planned setup was $5000–7500, starting with about 180 lbs of live sand...which ain't cheap in Alaska.

Better that I spend my pennies on camera gear...and flyfishing gear...and guns...and...

PetersCreek said:
I have no trouble believin' that. My back of the envelope guesstimate for my planned setup was $5000–7500, starting with about 180 lbs of live sand...which ain't cheap in Alaska.

Better that I spend my pennies on camera gear...and flyfishing gear...and guns...and...

Live rock......What a rip off!!! I've got 165lbs. at about $5 a pound.

Sal****er is not cheap and it seems like you always need something else........Like a motorcycle, new Cub Cadet........computer.....:lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back