What's new

My shot of the day

lightning_jack

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 5, 2010
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Out with camera today and walked by this gorgeous Volkswagen which happened to be standing so the sunset would reflect on the side. Together with some PS, this is the result.

cuba-vw-bus-4.jpg


This is the original:

cuba-vw-bus_small.jpg
 
Awesome find, it looks to be in great condition.

Was it closer in color to the original or the edited version? It almost looks like it went from a teal to a green. Maybe play with the green hue slider a bit.

Did you take any other shots of it? It's a cool van. I'd like to see it from other angles (front looking back, lower to the ground, etc).
 
nice job on the ps editing! the colors are beautiful
 
What do you think of this? I thought it needed a bit more POP. Great shot btw.

cuba-vw-bus-4-2.jpg
 
Hey everybody, thanks a lot for all the nice answers.

- Josh - concerning the color - here is another shot I think shows the original color quite nicely. I definitely PSed it into a more greenish look. I was really trying to pop out the colors when editing - I didn't realize (or care to much) about the green tinting coming in but now that you say it, I realize one actually might also be able to pop out the color without altering it to much in the green direction, would have to try. Also, I did try some other angles, but didn't really like any:

2010_0417_cologne_general_0156_small.jpg



2010_0417_cologne_general_0162_small.jpg


2010_0417_cologne_general_0164-small.jpg


In hindsight I wonder why I didn't think of taking any front or back shots.... could have been exciting. Thanks for reminding me.

- Ron - thanks for the very nice comment. Cars actually are not on top of my list either but they are the colorful birds of the big city jungle ;) so I like to come back to them. This one especially caught my attention because it was this teal or green bus, then a light blue gate to the left, then a yellow car and then a red one, just great colors in a row in a nice light. Anyways, the spread was so big, I didn't manage to get a good shot of all 4 in one pic in a way I liked so I went to sticking with the single view.

2010_0417_cologne_general_0145-small.jpg


2010_0417_cologne_general_0140_small.jpg


- Big Pink Snapper - love what you did on the coloring. That's exactly the direction I wanted to go, maybe not that far though :). Can you tell how exactly you got to that result starting from my pic?
 
Last edited:
I like the first one on here by the OP color is good there. seemed a little too much on the other post. Another thing with the first one is you made the sunset look like its part of the paint job. very nice.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom