My son again

Bobbie0253

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was with natural light and a 50mm lens. Any tips?

DSC_0255.jpg

Looks good.

But here's some nitpicking:
Raise his chin a little.

Thanks!

Nitpicking is good. I can usually understand that easy enough. I will try that next time. ;)

I am gonna disagree with Phototron. I think it could be way better. The whole side of his face and nose look hot, looks kind grainy and like there is camera shake or somethin going on. It's just not workin for me.

ISO 1000..wow way too high huh? I didn't even notice when I shot it...does that explain why it's so bright?

White Balance was set the direct sunlight.

The rest was on auto.

I did notice it always says noise reduction OFF. Should it be on?

I am gonna disagree with Phototron. I think it could be way better. The whole side of his face and nose look hot, looks kind grainy and like there is camera shake or somethin going on. It's just not workin for me.

I am really new... but willing to learn... what do you mean by hot? This shot was just a quick snapshot and was not set up in any way. I am posting pictures so I can try and learn how to make them better next time.

When your in-camera noise reduction is on, processing your photos will take much longer (well, considerably much), so your camera will not be ready for the next photo so soon. So I suggest you leave it off. You can always filter your noisy pics with software later. Oftentimes, noise is less visible in a print than it is on the screen (given the print is small enough). But you might need your camera to be ready fast!

But I guess the 1000 ISO was too high for this pic. It doesn't look all in focus. Something is there (next to the noise, which is most visible in the wall behind him) that looks like a technical flaw. Look at the light spots in his eyes. They are not sharp. Nor is his hair or rim of ear. There seems to be some camera shake, yet the lit part of his face is sooo bright (which is often called "hot" or "blown").

As to how to best POSE people I know NOTHING and must reverentially listen to the advice of all those who have once learned some about it.

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain that all. It makes sense now. I have a feeling I may have been too close to him and that is why it is so out of focus. I am still getting used to having a fixed lens and not being able to focus better without moving back. (I was on the couch across from him and just picked the camera up.

Again thank you!

Most reactions

Back