My SPIN on GrahamPhisher's pic!

kathyt

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I loved this picture that GrahamPhisher had posted in his signature, so I decided I wanted to play with it. (He sent me the original) He had such great lighting on her face. I wanted to make her look very angelic. Here is my spin in color and b/w. Thank you GP for letting me play. Gorgeous image.

Grahams ORIGINAL edit
$RavenLeFaye.jpg

my B/W Edit
$ForKathy-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg

my color edit
$ForKathy-Edit-Edit.jpg

love em all, but number three. even stirs an old goat like me. You do some fine work. later Ed

3 for me as well

I never have liked plastic looking skin, but I like the colors and exposure values in #3.

Even baby butt smooth skin has some texture.

ahhhh she looks alive in ur edits! :D thts not how i like her... jk

I see your wedding editing influence on the b/w its interesting but your color edit is my fav

Interesting take on her and nice job in your second image. She's a great model that I was fortunate to photograph a few years ago.

ahhhh she looks alive in ur edits! :D thts not how i like her... jk

I see your wedding editing influence on the b/w its interesting but your color edit is my fav

I really liked your edit as well. It reminded me of the Twilight movie. I normally don't smooth that much, but I think it worked here.

I think your colour edit is fantastic and would not change a thing. However (and this is coming from someone who dislikes extreme processing), in this case I think I prefer the original – the model's pink hair works very well with a processing that makes the whole thing look not real.

Good stuff.

I enjoy this part of this online community. Fun to see the sharing.

I never have liked plastic looking skin, but I like the colors and exposure values in #3.

texture is easily overlooked when doing retouching. most just smooth the skin and forget to add the texture back.

Texture or no texture, it's a darned good edit. I prefer the colour version (just) and I think the pink works as well as the original. It goes to show what different perspectives can do to the same image. :)

texture is easily overlooked when doing retouching. most just smooth the skin and forget to add the texture back.

In this particular edit, I was trying to achieve a look that was "porcelain". No texture. Angelic. Unrealistic. Just a picture play. That's all.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back