What's new

My Summer Holiday

JohnnyL

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 25, 2008
Messages
130
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone , I'm living in Shanghai , China and this summer holiday , I went to the US for 2 months. I went to Lake Tahoe , NV and around northern California. These are some of my better photos which I got there. Comments and tips are very much appreciated.

1:
2788915566_c133f65d36.jpg

2:
2788057035_4e8288ef95.jpg

3:
2788901982_c72d1214f1.jpg

4:
2788041239_0614ec6b01.jpg

5:
2788034445_f52edcc2ec.jpg

6:
2788883924_ee3142cc4e.jpg

7:
2788022471_29754a10fe.jpg

8:
2788012043_179e56f788.jpg

9:
2788002357_2406dc32e9.jpg

10:
2787975669_68684f9df3.jpg

11:
2788806686_b3cc114e20.jpg

12:
2788795372_800c237d77.jpg

13:
2788785446_0902544a21.jpg

14:
2788775814_638d9f4da3.jpg

15:
2787912085_d0a173180b.jpg


Thanks for looking!

John
 
Last edited:
Ehh no comments or tips to help me improve?
 
the exposure of #7 and 8 is off.
For #11 you should not have used the onboard flash, and you should have moved to get the distracting leaf out of the way.
#12, there is two much blackness, and, though it is a nice sunset and there is no real vacation pictures without one sunset shots, the sky is a bit boring.
On # 10, if you had waited just a few minutes you could probably have had a more even exposure across the frame, with the foreground a bit brighter in comparaison to the sky.
But overall, those are nice vacation pics.
 
Cool , thanks for your comments. Do you think if I had an ND Grad filter I would have been able to have the same exposure on #12 and light up the foreground a little bit?
 
probably, though the problem here is that the source of light is close to the horizon, ND filters really help if the light comes from up high (i think).
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom