What's new

My take on the eclipse

spacefuzz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jan 18, 2011
Messages
1,832
Reaction score
318
Location
Southern California
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My take on the eclipse this past weekend, 15 shot blend from Owens Valley looking towrads the Alabama Hills and Sierra mountains. Would always love C&C and feedback!

7253977114_6f44bf5ab9_o.jpg
 
OMG!!! Just.... WOW!
Standing ovation!! :thumbup:

Thank you all, I am flattered :)

I dont have a secret, just had an urge to create an eclipse shot with the landscape so I went on photo ephemeris and checked the weather around mt whitney. Set up the shot based on sun angles and height above the horizon. Double checked the webcam to see Whitney was clear of clouds before driving 3.5 hours to get there.....and arrived to storm clouds covering the sun! So I scrambeled around for 30 minutes and ended up on the far side of the valley to minimize cloud cover of the sun. Then I shot about every 5 min or whenever the sun peeked through the clouds. After the sun set I removed the filters from my lens and shot the sunset without moving the camera. (you can see pieces of the sun missing / blurred edge from the clouds)

I guess the only "secret" would be for an event like this start with an image in your mind of what you want....and then adapt as necessary.
 
Now that is way cool! Awesome job!
 
OMG!!! Just.... WOW!
Standing ovation!! :thumbup:

Thank you all, I am flattered :)

I dont have a secret, just had an urge to create an eclipse shot with the landscape so I went on photo ephemeris and checked the weather around mt whitney. Set up the shot based on sun angles and height above the horizon. Double checked the webcam to see Whitney was clear of clouds before driving 3.5 hours to get there.....and arrived to storm clouds covering the sun! So I scrambeled around for 30 minutes and ended up on the far side of the valley to minimize cloud cover of the sun. Then I shot about every 5 min or whenever the sun peeked through the clouds. After the sun set I removed the filters from my lens and shot the sunset without moving the camera. (you can see pieces of the sun missing / blurred edge from the clouds)

I guess the only "secret" would be for an event like this start with an image in your mind of what you want....and then adapt as necessary.

Pre-planning or creating a concept of what you want before you head out is soooo under rated!

Awesome capture.
 
Well conceived, well executed. Serendipidy (in form of the clouds at sunset) doesn't hurt either. Even the landscape holds its own as contributing to the image. Kudos.
 
WOW...as splendid as the event itself...what was the time gap between the first shot and the last? are those cloud remained static during the whole time gap?

Regards :D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom