Actinometro

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
imgtp1.jpg

imgtp3.jpg

imgtp7.jpg

What a beautiful place! What is the purpose of the structure, is it a home, a lighthouse?

Thank you !
That's a Chappel (Sr da Pedra) at Miramar, Porto, Portugal.

Last edited:
That would have been my 3rd guess but I've never seen a church or chapel so close to the shore. Is it special for thse who travel and work at sea?

That would have been my 3rd guess but I've never seen a church or chapel so close to the shore. Is it special for thse who travel and work at sea?

I guess so ... in the past.

According to wikipedia (auto translation) - It was erected on a rock by the sea in1686.
It is believed that the origin of worship in the chapel ofLordStonemay have originated in an ancient pagan cult, the naturalist, the pre-Christian peoples,whose gods were worshiped by nature,was subsequently converted to Christianity.
The pilgrimage to the Lord of the Stone is one of the most traditional of both Vila Nova de Gaia as the parish of Gulpilhares. It is held annually on the beaches of Mr Stone, the Trinity Sunday, and lasts until the following Tuesday.

Very nice!! Looks relaxing.

which lens is it?

nice shots

which lens is it?

nice shots

Thank you.

It's a Tamron 17-50 VC that I bought a couple of days ago. Testing it for the flare, sharpness and colors. So far so good.

Most reactions

Back