My target is newborns and children & my question is on studio lighting

You have your lights 15' away from your subject??? No! That's a very harsh lighting setup! Closer is softer! Your lights won't be much more than 3 feet away from a newborn posing table or floor or wherever you are posing your baby. If your lights are that far away then it's no wonder you're thinking you need more. YOu need to move them in far closer. Like 10-12 feet closer.

MLeeK said:
You have your lights 15' away from your subject??? No! That's a very harsh lighting setup! Closer is softer! Your lights won't be much more than 3 feet away from a newborn posing table or floor or wherever you are posing your baby. If your lights are that far away then it's no wonder you're thinking you need more. YOu need to move them in far closer. Like 10-12 feet closer.

Ya....... I usually have my lights (softbox) within a couple feet of the baby......get em closer & know where they are so you don't kick them over. Im usually rolling around on the floor with the baby trying to get the perfect shot......& I'm very tall ........so watch out light stands!

Most reactions

Back