My time in Malaysia

Dubious Drewski

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all. Here are some shots I took while in Malaysia last summer. I was using my little old Dimage A2 the whole time. The poor thing got SO wet over there. The searing heat and 95% humidity also makes digital cameras take pictures that are noisy and hazy. It was very hard to get some of these shots, and some of them even harder to clean up afterwards!

As you can see, some of them are out of focus(Sadly!) and some are over/underexposed. Some have strange cropping and resizing artifacts. But I did what I could, considering all I had to edit the photos over there was MSPaint from the internet cafe computers!

Besides those things, critique them hard, please!

These are the ones I like the best from your selections. I understand about the humidity and heat affecting your photos. Some of the offset ones looks like you were in a hurry to take them though. The one night shot of the brightly lit street is very nice except I would have liked to see the top of the building. Overall, I very much like the content of you photos, just seems like you were in a hurry; and I also understand about that...

It's always a bit tough to realize that the photos you thought were amazing turn out to be not very interesting to anybody else. Heh. I guess I didn't realize it until now, but they must be pretty boring pictures to everyone but me, because I have the memories attached.

Context is everything.

I really like these two, especially the second one. It just makes me think of something out of a fantasy book, with stairs in the trees, even though I know that's not what it is.

Nice shots i like the one of the winding road a lot. My mom went to malaysia in october without me...and with my camera. She came back with some really neat pictures, i was pretty jealous

Most reactions

Back