My try at light painting..

NancyMoranG

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I didn;t go to light paint. My husband said the fish were biting down on Plymouth, Ma beach for the last 3 nights and he really wanted me to catch some fish.
So after 2 hours of no fish and standing in waders in hip-thigh high water, I decided to give the photography a try.
Walked back, got out of waders, and didn't really have beach shoes, but off I went with my stuff.
It was totally dark, no moon or lighting. I used my fishing head-lamp as my light source for the painting of this left over seawall.
Am certainly not experienced and maybe this wasn't the best subject, but would like comments, thoughts, and critique if its worth it.....
I am not sure that the brighter photo seems fake as the question might be...if its so dark why is this post illuminated? So is the darker lighting better?
I used the light in a slow motion over the posts.

The Grist Mill was very lit by spotlights EXCEPT the waterfall. It was totally in the shadows and very hard to make out. So I think I used about 10 seconds of just a small flashlight centered on it.

thank you,
Nancy

Beach pillars night 2 by Nancy Moran G, on Flickr

Beach pillars night 3 by Nancy Moran G, on Flickr
Plymouth Grist Mill by Nancy Moran G, on Flickr

Looks like you got it allll figured out by shot #3!!!

Very nice! Did you go into Lucioso's for a drink?

The lighting on #2 looks good too. Just need to crop away a lot of black nothing. What I like about light painting
is that they can look more like a painting than a photo.

#3 looks awesome. The lighting in #2 looks good, but ditto to what Rick50 said about cropping some black.

I use light painting a lot when I explore really dark, abandoned places. It comes in handy, but it's also fun to try and light selective areas as well.

Most reactions

Back