My Uh.. Screen Wasn't Calibrated... *Example*

I just view my images like they did in the matrix so calibrations are not needed.

Just calibrated mine. What a difference! The old had a VERY yellowish tint to everything. Had to turn my brightness from 70 down to 50 to get it to even calibrate, so I guess I was way too bright too. Thanks, Jake!

Above was the desktop, on which I do most all of my editing. I never chanced this laptop I'm on now, the colors just looked different enough to not use it. I just calibrated it........... Holy Mackerel!! The color was VERY cool, it's now 1.5 times warmer and skin tones look closer to normal!

Hmmmmm............. can it do my iPhone too?! :clap:

I could definitely use something like this but I'm poor and have like five ridiculously expensive hobbies. So is there a cheaper alternative that works well for calibrating laptops?

No idea if it works but my laptop (Dell) has a calibrate monitor function. It was under Control Panel/Display.

If I had to point out a couple things that I visibly notice a lot, it would be the much darker blacks, much whiter whites and skin tones closer to correct. I'm excited to get something shot this year so I can edit it! Tomorrow, hopefully!

What laptop do you use?
Moi? I have an Acer Aspire M-5 481PT........... 14" screen, it's an Ultrabook. But it just is not anywhere near my Dell 24" HD monitor I use on the main editing desktop. I'm not comfortable at all trying to edit on it.

What laptop do you use?
Moi? I have an Acer Aspire M-5 481PT........... 14" screen, it's an Ultrabook. But it just is not anywhere near my Dell 24" HD monitor I use on the main editing desktop. I'm not comfortable at all trying to edit on it.
I meant for Jake, but interesting you have a 24" monitor, I bet that is a beast to edit on. I would love a Apple Monitor! *Holy Grail*

What laptop do you use?
I meant for Jake, but interesting you have a 24" monitor, I bet that is a beast to edit on. I would love a Apple Monitor! *Holy Grail*

Apple monitors are OK, but Holy Grail? -- this is Holy Grail: ColorEdge | EIZO

Joe

What laptop do you use?

Joe
Some of those monitors display 99% of Adobe RGB color space! My Dell 24" HD desktop monitor does 76%, the laptop 48%, according to Spyder 4 Pro.

What laptop do you use?

Joe
No I meant it as how large it is, 27 to 30 inches!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back