My Uh.. Screen Wasn't Calibrated... *Example*

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I decided to pick up a Spyder4 Pro from Datacolor, as some of my recent prints didn't look quite how I wanted them to. Below (the before) is the image after being edited on my old profile, and the "after" is it being re-edited on my new profile. Talk about a difference! It was about 1/3 stop over exposed, blacks weren't black, contrast was average, etc. That being said, my new display calibration is a bit warmer than the old one. Which means I MUST like cool (in terms of temp) images...

Screen Shot 2015-01-10 at 3.37.46 PM.png

Cheers!
Jake

Yup, I had a similar experience.

What calibration device were you using before the Spyder?

That's quite a difference! Desktop or laptop? I just don't think it would be worth it on my laptop, but I just might do it on my desktop.

That's quite a difference! Desktop or laptop? I just don't think it would be worth it on my laptop, but I just might do it on my desktop.

Laptop [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Definitely worth it

I just realized I use the word "just" just way too much when just posting here.

The cool to warmer experience is very common. Most of the hardware I see is default cool and people get used to that. You do the same thing with a computer display that you do with color temp changes in the real world. Color isn't a physical phenomena -- it's a psycho-perceptual phenomena and your brain interprets and adjusts in real time.

Joe

hey, thanks for posting this. i only did mine through the windows calibration. But since you posted this, i am looking at the photo on the right and it looks about right to me. so maybe my own pute isnt too far off.

hey, thanks for posting this. i only did mine through the windows calibration. But since you posted this, i am looking at the photo on the right and it looks about right to me. so maybe my own pute isnt too far off.

Glad I could help!

I decided to pick up a Spyder4 Pro from Datacolor, as some of my recent prints didn't look quite how I wanted them to. Below (the before) is the image after being edited on my old profile, and the "after" is it being re-edited on my new profile. Talk about a difference! It was about 1/3 stop over exposed, blacks weren't black, contrast was average, etc. That being said, my new display calibration is a bit warmer than the old one. Which means I MUST like cool (in terms of temp) images...

View attachment 92925

Cheers!
Jake
Now just re-calibrate it often, ideally every month. That's typically the cycle we're on at work for all our monitors.

That said, I probably need to do that on my own personal monitor...

Most reactions

Back