My very first senior portraits

jewely

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
M

Last edited:
TY Bitter can you tell me why , im unsure of what to do with guys as far as posing ,, he was also wearing skinny jeans so i was limited on how i could pose him as well as pretty shy do you think if i croped it up a bit it would better ,,, i really like his hair in this picture ,, i think mostly beacuse in most of his pics his hair was in his face , and covering at least one eye a majority of the time ,,, thanks !!

His arms/hands lead you to what appears to be a load in his pants.
Or, it makes his ass look huge.

I dunno if shooting this pose more from the side would help.

I do like how you caught his hair flip.

TY I did not notice that before , i was standing below him which is pretty obvious lol , so the pose it self is okay its the angle i took it from and the LOL "load" in his pants ?

I kinda like the first two pics. The setting seems fitting for the skater look. As he obviously has the skater thing going I would let the hair cover one of his eyes and make use of the board in some of the shots. Maybe flipping the kick like he just came to a stop or standing at the stop of a set of stairs with the kind of railing he could grind. Sorry, I teach a lot of adolescent boys so they often take pics of skateboard stunts. I know more about skateboard terms than I need to. :roll:

Well, the pose is ok...I think that pose would have benefitted from the skateboard between his legs like the last pic. It would have hidden the bad part of the pose. Avoid forshortening limbs, especially thighs on girls, it tends to make them look fat and stumpy.

I think the third pic is nice. Boost the saturation, and the contrast a wee bit.

Try to avoid harsh sun that you have in these. It creates bad shadows. You can use a reflector, or some flash to help combat it, if you have no choice of the time of day.

See the following thread: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...4678-umbrella-stand-came-mail-first-shot.html

TY !! I must be out of thanks buttons cause i dont see them anymore , I agree about the lighting we where out at a abadoned buliding on the salt lakes soo its white grounds and it was noon making it all so very bright ,, i have yet to get a flash and reflector im still very new to all this

@ Old Thanks for your tips I did try getting him to do some tricks but i think he was a bit of a "poser" i have a couple where he has his board fliped but the shadows where bad and i was embrassed to post them without trying to fix them somehow

Thanks so much for your help guys i really apperciate it

Try to avoid shooting up peoples nostrils. ;)

Avoid mid-day and having your subject in dappled sunlight.

Having the subject in full shade and using reflected or strobed light to create shadows that compliment the facial mask and to separate the subject from the background.

Try to avoid shooting up peoples nostrils. ;)

Avoid mid-day and having your subject in dappled sunlight.

Having the subject in full shade and using reflected or strobed light to create shadows that compliment the facial mask and to separate the subject from the background.

Agree... Also, it looks like he has a skate board boner in number 3. Just sayin'!

Most reactions

Back