My VERY Furry Model

And turn your camera into portrait aspect.
The dog will look better.

dogll.jpg

Nice shots! Beautiful dog and the Lens IQ looks good to me. I agree on the portrait aspect and think it looks really great. I would frame and Hang that in a heartbeat. Maybe you can work on the others like that and isolate the dog more from the table and chairs.

Thanks guys! When I say he hates photos, when he sees me grab my camera, he runs! LOL so there are very rare moments that I can actually get him to sit still. For example in this shot someone was eating dinner so he was focused on that !

But yes portrait mode looks so much better. I think I actually grabbed a few, let me check.

There were a few portrait ones but he was doing his "shy" face... In other words don't photograph me face lol

I love the portrait crop that Traveler posted. Sweet dog and the Sigma 17-70 is my favorite lens! Our dog is also a bit camera shy. I usually put a blanket up on the kitchen table and put him up on there so he's "trapped" until I get my pics. Of course he only weighs 14 lbs... your guy looks like he's a little bit bigger than that.

Dogs are so hard! I too, like the portrait crop from Lew the best.
She sure is beautiful though!
I am curious as to how this was lit. Care to share?

Thats a good idea! But yes he weighs a bit over 14lbs :p and when he's scared he'll just pace, he won't lay or sit down LOL...

This was lit by kitchen lights. Two over head lights in the foreground and about 6-7 lights over the table. Thats it. Perhaps the flash went off but I can't quite remember. They are yellow lights, as the photos are very warm (I also dropped the warmth in PS).

Most reactions

Back