TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
www.crystalbellephotography.com
ok there it is.
It is really really bad. I know this.
I want it more clean, easy to navigate.

I'd like a front page where they can go to my blog or enter website.
I need galleries for my sample work and I need a proofing gallery that has a shopping cart.
This is my biggest frustration with zenfolio. I can have a shopping cart, but I have to upload all my work/clients to only ONE section so password protected albums are on the same page as the portfolio.
www.crystalbellephotography.com/f88...
would anyone like to share their website and say what they use and the cost?
I've been researching and I am so flippin confused. I looked at bludomain, but I am still just lost lost lost...
Thanks in advance.

I use wordpress, which im sure you could implement. It's free, hosting runs about 6-7 a month, but I also have other sites I host as well for that cost.

There shopping cart plugins for wordpress, as well as galleries. You can implement your flickr or other gallery into it very easily as well.

I could nitpick but you're missing one critical item.

what exactly do you do and what are your prices?

I took my pricing down because I am redoing it for the new year, but it was up there until a few days ago.
so yes, I need a FAQ and pricing tab also.

I could nitpick but you're missing one critical item.

what exactly do you do and what are your prices?

Prices aren't CRITICAL for a website, and it does say Photography at the top of the page. As in Crystal Belle photography? Same as in the link that you clicked on to get to the page. Ya know, with reading? Right?

Anyways, with that being said. There is a lot of work that your website needs. Even though it does say photography on it, you should be far more vocal about it. I don't know if you do webdesign on your own, but I highly suggest you read Smashing Magazine. I've learned a lot of great stuff there, from fonts to just design rules. It would also help to peep some other photographers websites and get some inspiration.

Make sure you change your high res download price. I mean seriously. You charge $300 for canvas print? You probably make over $150 for one canvas print... but then people could buy your high res for $20 and go to costco and print it for $70.

That is an annoying website lol ...
-obnoxious music/beat.
-moving, fading, ... very powerpointish lol

I know you can pause or mute the music, but I couldn't last more than 20 seconds on that site, closed it down lol.

I did not hear any music??? lol
ok I had my speakers off, but yea, I would NOT put music on it at all.

That is an annoying website lol ...
-obnoxious music/beat.
-moving, fading, ... very powerpointish lol

I know you can pause or mute the music, but I couldn't last more than 20 seconds on that site, closed it down lol.

It's the House theme song by Massive Attack for some reason. It doesn't fit at all that's for sure.

As a computer programmer..... ^ what he said.

To do what you want, you are going to have to fork over some coin to have someone who knows what they are doing develop and maintain a website.

Just to throw a ball park number out there... you are looking at about $5,000 to get something up and running with another $50 or so a month for a service contract.

Keep in mind, FLASH doesn't work on mobile devices.

Most reactions

Back