My website sucks.... need help

smug mug has a great set up, easy to use, you set your own pricing for prints too, if you buy the pro package (that is)
lots to be done and had on that site.

yes I was using zenfolio, which is fine, but not nice and streamlined like I want.
zenfolio is the same way, you can add pricing to your client albums but there is not a separate gallery view, so all the clients and your gallery are in the same spot.

Keep in mind, FLASH doesn't work on mobile devices.

It works on Droids... Maybe not the iPhone though. :lol:

...not on a Blackberry either :(

Anyway, maybe its just me, but I don't see what you think is so horrible about your site. I think its nice and you do lovely work! I used wix.com for my site, but mine is not to promote a business or anything (yet) - thats a long ways off for me. But Wix seemed to have lots of options for site building anyway.

It has everything I want, it is clean and simple

How do you know it has everything you want?

Have you considered search engine optimization? What about eMarketing? How freindly is it for web spiders? How easy it is to add advertising? Do you want to add advertising? What componets to a blog do you want? How is your website indexed? What keywords will be incorportated and how much weight do they hold? Do you want your customers to be able to schedule appointments online? Can you save money by integrating payment through your personal bank account? What other features do you want in your website that you may not have thought about?

You are buying a template.... a boxed up website that a host has put together to make it appealing to sell to as many customers as possible. Jack of all trades, master of none.

You say, "not true at all"... I beg to differ.

right, but where would I put the photos? I can not make another gallery? I don't think? Let me check

no, there is only one photo section

:sexywink: Love my droid. :mrgreen:

All joking aside...

You are creating/growing a business. You do not want to exclude anyone.
You want your client with an iPhone, iPad, or any other mobile device that does not support flash, to be able to show your site to a friend.
But heck, what do I know. Right?

If you already have a host, and you have access to the server... then google "php open source photo album". You can do for free what this Bludomain is charging $75 for.

but can I integrate those galleries into the slideshow, and add a shopping cart/ordering system? I am sure I can if I knew HTML or wanted to learn it, but for 75 dollars, I can pay someone. My time is worth money too

Most reactions

New Topics

Back