my website

im still working on the website but my pics are still there..

I'm afraid I agree with craig here, it definitely needs some work.

It's not horrible for a beginner, however.

Also, the website name is a bit complicated for the average person to remember. rebeccakhvilovsky would probably be tough to type in every time to view the site. :wink:

Maybe just shorten it a little. RebeccaImages? Something like that if it's available could work a little better.

Well, what's the purpose of your site? Just for fun? Playing w/ creating a site? Business referrals? The answer to that will shape what kind of comments you get. Regardless, I'd remove Bejeweled from your site, all of that miscellaneous code, and I'd download something like JAlbum or Coppermine to arrange your photos for you. I'd also remove all of the titles/captions from the images. After doing that, I'd look at it again, and narrow it down to only your best images.

Ugg,
No offense, but this looks like almost a Myspace Page.
The first thing I see is a game.
And then about 40 lines of codes.
When I see the photos, they are all small, to the left hand side, and all in black and white.
Are you selling the game?
The lines of code?
Or the photos?
If you want to sell photos, or interest people in your photos....show photos. Not games, not codes.

okay its much better now

This is just my opinion

1) You need to work on your formatting. I do not know many sites that you have to keep scrolling forever to see all of the pics.

2) You need to get rid of the My space Links and AIM links, You will never see that on a Pro website, at least not on the main page.

3) Try to break your photos up into categories, This way people can easily access the subjects that interest them

You have some wonderful pictures, you just need to get your website to match.

This is just my opinion

1) You need to work on your formatting. I do not know many sites that you have to keep scrolling forever to see all of the pics.

2) You need to get rid of the My space Links and AIM links, You will never see that on a Pro website, at least not on the main page.

3) Try to break your photos up into categories, This way people can easily access the subjects that interest them

You have some wonderful pictures, you just need to get your website to match.

i dont know how to fix it.. its a simple google page and i really dont know how to do it

Well youv'e got options, either learn how to make simple pages in DreamWeaver or some other web authoring software and incorporate something like Simple Viewer into them, use something like J!Album and again incorporate it, set up a PBase or Flickr account to show off your pictures. Or, try something like ClickPic who sell you a website layout for you to load your pictures into and then host it as well for £35 a year! Now that's pretty good value as someone does 99% of the work for you, all you have to do is concentrate on your pictures.

Google falls waaaaaaaay short when it comes to displaying pictures on googlepages. I've tried it and it was such a pain in the rear that I hardly even use it anymore. For some reason, they make it almost impossible to place two pictures side by side, and if you do manage to get them that way, when you save your page, it moves things around. Google dropped the ball on this application, in my opinion.

Since you're posting in the Business section of this forum, I assume you want your website to be used to make you money. If that is the case, then you still have some work to do. You need to use proper English, including capitalizing the first word of a sentence and ending with a period. Nothing says amateur like bad grammar and punctuation. Why do you have your color contact sheet there? And, EEK, it shows that you get things printed at Walgreens!! Not something you want to advertise, believe me!

Next, placing statements such as "kind of a random shot of my grandma from photo one. oh well. the more of her, the merrier" below a photograph makes me think this is more of a myspace type of photo gallery. Almost all of your photo descriptions are this way. I suggest just placing a title below the picture, not a description of what you did, unless it's necessary (like for the photo retouching one).

As others have said, myspace accounts do not say "professional." Get rid of that link, or place it at the bottom of your page. When someone logs onto your site, they should see your business name, contact information (NOT myspace), and location. Why location? How will they know if they can hire you if it doesn't say where you are? Then, they should see your VERY BEST work. Never, never put something below average on your business site. You should also never downplay your work. For example, you have a description saying "just some beads". If it's "just" some beads, why do I want to look at it?

NEVER NEVER use the word "thing" on a professional site: "a flower bouquet type thing in downtown chicago"

A lot of your photos show family members. This makes people think that you are just starting out and can't get clients. If you want to display photos of your family, don't indicate their relationship to you on the site. ;)

Don't use profanity on your site. Even if people did scratch the "f" word onto a tree in your picture, you don't want that word on your site.

A photo of someone else's work of art (for example, the foot statue) shouldn't be on your site.

From looking at your site, I can see that you are very creative and try new techniques, which I find fantastic. However, those get lost amongst the photos of your sister, a light pole, and other non-sellable photos. Keep it simple, show only your best work, show only what people want to buy, and you will be a success.

Marian

Looks better than before, but you really need to organize it some. My comparison is looking in that catch-all drawer in my kitchen. "Here's some stuff that's in my drawer....here's a paper clip ..... here's an old fountain pen that used to belong to uncle joe ...... here's a rock, I found it on a beach when I was 13 ...... Oh, here's some other random stuff."

Narrow it down to only your best stuff (even if it's just 5 shots, it's better than 50 poor to mediocre ones), organize it in some meaningful way, get rid of the tags and as others have said, get rid of the myspace and aim addresses.

Most reactions

Back