My Welcome Packet (for Bellacat)

I have a question about the spraying of the photos. Does your lab do that or do you do that??

so I have been checking into buying royalties to songs to put on DVDs and I am kinda confused...

I have a friend in Nashville that sings....he says that everytime he has a cd made he has to pay so much for each song (I'm assuming to the songwriter) He didn't know since I am selling the DVDs if that is what applies also? Just trying to figure out a little more info before I start song searching and trying to find out about how much it is going to cost.

And in doing so, every single one of them are in violation of their agreements with Visa, MasterCard, and sometimes American Express. If you accept these cards and charge a surcharge, you are breaking their rules and in some states it is a crime.

Not if you're upfront with it, telling them that the 3% covers the credit card charge AND your handling of it.

Not if you're upfront with it, telling them that the 3% covers the credit card charge AND your handling of it.
Did you even bother to read the stuff in the link I posted? Telling them or not has no bearing on it.

Greg

Did you even bother to read the stuff in the link I posted? Telling them or not has no bearing on it.

Greg

Rawrf! Down boy! :lmao:

Our business practices have been looked over by our accountant AND our lawyer, and the both say that it is fine. Perhaps I should have been more clear as to who we are charging this to. We are an artist co-op. Artists pay us a monthly fee to display their work in our gallery, and we also charge 10% commission when their work sells. If the customer uses a credit card, we also deduct 3% from what the artist gets. The customer is not charged the 3%, just the artist.

While I wouldn't not have worded it quite that way, Greg is right.
However, I know photogs who have done it for years with no reprecussions.
I take Visa and Mastercard, but I just put it in the category that they will probably jump up a package when using it, which is all good for me.
I'm still suprised though how many people, even with the option, just cut a check.
Anyhoo, it's something to think about.

Rawrf! Down boy! :lmao:

Our business practices have been looked over by our accountant AND our lawyer, and the both say that it is fine. Perhaps I should have been more clear as to who we are charging this to. We are an artist co-op. Artists pay us a monthly fee to display their work in our gallery, and we also charge 10% commission when their work sells. If the customer uses a credit card, we also deduct 3% from what the artist gets. The customer is not charged the 3%, just the artist.
Sounds as if you have a unique scenario there. Again, I will reiterate that you CAN offer a "cash discount" in most cases which equates to the same thing. I know it makes no sense but it's all in how you word it.

Greg

so I am pretty excited now....I don't know if it was this thread or another that recommended vistaprint. I figured out that a standard postcard size 4/4 100 quantity would be around $0.35 each! Obviously cheaper if both sides isn't color and larger quantity. So much cheaper than the labs I use! Also they sell envelopes that you can design. Don't know how hard that is though.

I love the holder that is in the picture, but I am trying to cut costs as much as possible. Maybe lookng to give this a try for this year and maybe in years to come get better and better......now it is design time :) And once I get to it, I know I will be asking on how to word all the copyright stuff and the 'important' sheet they sign and send back.

Do you include a self addressed envelope for them to send back the signed form since they are supposed to send it before there appt???

Do you include a self addressed envelope for them to send back the signed form since they are supposed to send it before there appt???

Yes I do! I forgot to add that in there. My cards come with envelopes so I give them a self addressed stamped one. I fold them in half and stick it around the bottom of the blue card. Sorry I forgot that part. LOL

The tan thing, is wht is called an enclosure. I get them from papersource.com They hold 5x7 cards (and my cards are 5x7!)

I then stick the whole thing into a pink envelope (which I also get at papersource!) and mail it away.

BTW, I normally dont use tan, I normally use a dark chocolate enclosure, but last time I ordered they were out ot them. lol.

Thanks for sharing your welcome packet!

I know expensive is relative.. but when you ask to use a song are you breaking the bank? Is it over 1,000.00 for each song?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back