My Work

Nefertiti

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I would like to share a few of my works with you all....need some expert advise to improve my photography.

LalShobuj.jpg

AlorMicchil.jpg

We best move this over to the General Gallery for you, Nefertiti, that's where more people LOOK.
"The Beginners' Place" is more for questions and answers, see?

And hey, the first is a nice concept, a pity there are so many hot spots (overexposed, very brightly white areas) on the yellow fruit. The second looks a little overexposed, too. But apparently it was a fire truck or ambulance that sped past, wasn`t it? Don't I see the blue lights?

Thanks LaFoto and britonk.

Actually in the first pic I tried to capture the bright colors of the fruits as well as the sunlight on them...that's what came so bright on the green fruits. I took two other pics over there, one without the steel object (at the bottom left) and the other with the surroundings of those fruits.

In the second pic, no there wasn't any ambulance. Actually I kept the sutter open for quite some time and quite a few vehicle moved by and probabaly one or two of them were big busses with colorful lights. And unfortunately didn't have any tripod with me at that moment, so had to take the pics by keeping the camera on top of the car:blushing:. Never tried this type of things before, so this was one of the experimental shots that I took a few days back. Not that bad as a first try, was it?:)

The exposure of the first pic was 1/80 f6.3 and the second one was 5" f8.0. In the histogram mode of my camera, though the first one is showing a bit over exposed but the second one is quite balanced. Do you still think the pics are overexposed?:confused:

Sorry. Yes, I do.
But you could work on it a little with some post processing software?

Thanks for the advice. Though I'm not very good in photo editing with these software, but I'll try. Here's a few more of my works.

LaughingBuddha.jpg

TheArtistWithin.JPG

I really like that last one, it is a bit flat and could do with a boost in contrasts, but all in all it is nice.
But I take it your Powershot (just as much as mine) does not do well with high ISO settings, you get an unwanted amont of noise, and I find that not even NeatImage helps much in the case of noisy photos taken with the Powershot... I still also quite like the concept of the third shown, that little statue and the faraway side light. But the photo still is a bit dark.

But I take it your Powershot (just as much as mine) does not do well with high ISO settings, you get an unwanted amont of noise, and I find that not even NeatImage helps much in the case of noisy photos taken with the Powershot.

By noise, you mean grain in the pic, right? The first 3 pics that I sent are taken by powershot, but the last one was not. Probably it was taken by a Minolta, 4/5 yrs back. I didn't have any camera of my own back then and used to borrow cameras from my friends when I needed. As for powershot, I guess I took the 3rd pic with a ISO setting of 800 and yes I ofund the quality with this setting is not so high. But sometimes the light is so less that I have to use it. Do you have any suggestion how can I reduce the noise otherthan reducing the ISO?

Your #3 & 4 shots are very good......I think using a flash with proper setting could help reduce the noise and still have the same overall results. There are many other members who deal with noise that may have other suggestions.

agree with lafoto about the overexposed parts,
nr3 are nice but maby try shoot from a more dramatic angle to make it more interesting?
also the bucket in nr1 dont add anything good,
but it draws the attention away from the divided fruits, the main subject.
i like the blury person in nr2, but its far too noisy for my taste.
nr4 are favourite but a bit flat as pointed out, a round in photoshop and it would be great:thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back