Myspace taking over the world?

So I'm guessing you 'found' the site when you started working for them? Interesting that they let employees enter the contests too....most companies don't allow that.... Or are you just trying to get us to come check the site out?

from THIS THREAD.

Heh..I noticed the same thing. ;)

My wife and I picked up a myspace account quite a while back. A friend of ours
got on it and it made it easy to communicate with her and host photos and
what not. Then it started getting bigger and bigger. More and more people
started using it. After a couple of years now, we have had more OLD OLD
friends find us just from having this myspace account. It has been INVALUABLE
for that reason alone.

Recently, we changed our profile to private just to keep the weirdos out.
It's still a fun site to host up some photos and let everyone know what we
have been up to. :)

I don't have one, I don't have a problem with the principle but I get annoyed by the way every TV show and newspaper has to seize hold of the latest 'phenomenon' and talk about the "MySpace generation", the "YouTube generation", etc. Not to mention the endless need to invent new words with "pod" in them (and if there were royalties for every time someone referred to all portable music players as iPods then Apple would have enough money to take over not just the world but the whole universe). And yes it makes about as much sense to call a web log a 'blog' as to call ice cream a 'scream' or say "twatch" for wrist watch instead of just "watch".

I guess I'm old-fashioned too, or maybe I'm more like the goths in South Park and hate being "conformist" (and of course thereby conform to nonconfirmity :D )... now that I think of it, I also refused to look at any Sudoku puzzle until people stopped raving about them, and avoid reading any book once I've seen three commuters with it... so I'll probably get a Myspace when everyone else stops using it :lol:

By the way, Mark and Thom, you're showing your age there, get with the program! You want an IBM PS/1 running Windows 3.1, what a gaming rig for Solitaire... plus of course the finest game ever (Lemmings). It was a step up from the BBC computers at school anyway!

The only thing I would run Windows 3.1 for was Photoshop 3. I hated Windows until Windows 2000. Thankfully all the good games ran in DOS then, like Wolfenstein 3D, Doom, and Duke Nukem.

And then there was Castle Wolfenstein, Wizardry, and of course Zork on the Apple.

After a couple of years now, we have had more OLD OLD friends find us just from having this myspace account. It has been INVALUABLE for that reason alone.

That right there would be the only real reason I would get one. Maybe I will once I get to where I can consider it without my skin itching. If I do, it will be just a link to my real page.

i have both a myspace and a facebook
mostly because it was a way to keep in touch wiht my friends that i no longer go to school with

Most reactions

New Topics

Back