n00b pics - C&C welcome

max3k

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have only been playing with the manual mode on my camera for about 3 days. Trying to figure out settings. I have a Canon Rebel XS and was using a 18-55mm lense for these shots. Would appreciate some insight on how to make them better.

bubblesresized.jpg

chapelresized.jpg

flowerresized.jpg

I like 1 & 2.... #3 feels a tad bit underexposed to me.... Great shots none the less

possibly a smaller aperture, higer fstop on 1 so more bubbles r in focus...

#1. You focused on her hair, when I think you were intending the focal point to be her face and bubbles. Her skin is a little too bright too.
#2. Nice shot, although would've been better a few steps to your right so the branch wasn't in the way of the building. Also could've zoomed in a bit.
#3. Just the run of the mill "flower in the middle of the frame" shot. Technically it's ok, just a bit boring.

I don't know what your level of knowledge is in regards to exposure, but I honestly would let the camera do the work until you really understand f-stops, shutter speed, ISO. Aperture priority would've been a great mode to shoot these with and also saves time when you need to get a lot of shots in a small period of time. Fumbling around changing settings can sometimes cost you a good shot.

#2 is good, I actually like the branch in the way of the building, it makes the composition a bit more interesting. The others dont do anything for me.

Thanks for the input guys, I am learning and figured the only way to do it was to take 109348039820985 photos. Going out for some night time photos tonight.

I am learning and figured the only way to do it was to take 109348039820985 photos

Not quite sure what you mean, exactly, but I'll just say, don't let taking lots and lots of shots become a substitute for thinking and planning. Yeah, you have to practise a lot to learn, but it's more about getting out (or staying in) every day and shooting a bit than shooting a billion photos.

Just my 2 cents.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back