N8008s Question

Mach0

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Coastalconn was very kind to give me two film cameras. The n8008s seems to be reading the min aperture only. Will this affect the meter? I turned the aperture on the lens but it didn't change anything. I take it since there isnt an aperture wheel I will have to turn the aperture on the lens. I can carry a light meter to be on the safe side. I just wasn't sure if there was something that I wasn't doing right. I figured some of you film gurus can chime in.

Last edited:
What exposure mode is the camera in when this happens?

Just realized if I hit the lens release button it will set the aperture correctly. Maybe it needs some greasing?

Just realized if I hit the lens release button it will set the aperture correctly. Maybe it needs some greasing?

It is probably normal and OK. In some modes (A, S, P, M), you set lens to minimum aperture (f/22) and lock it there with the little button on lens, sort of below the shutter button (rotate white dot to line up with orange line to lock it at f/22). The camera can still change the aperture, this is just an indexing function.

Here is the manual:

Nikon N8008 AF instruction manual, user manual, PDF manual, free manuals

See pdf part one, page 34, for example. Some other modes unlock it, and use the aperture ring. Read the manual.

It is probably normal and OK. In some modes (A, S, P, M), you set lens to minimum aperture (f/22) and lock it there with the little button on lens, sort of below the shutter button (rotate white dot to line up with orange line to lock it at f/22). The camera can still change the aperture, this is just an indexing function. Here is the manual: Nikon N8008 AF instruction manual, user manual, PDF manual, free manuals See pdf part one, page 34, for example. Some other modes unlock it, and use the aperture ring. Read the manual.
I did. At least that section. In manual mode you do use the aperture ring so setting it to the minimum shutter will all the camera to choose the shutter in p and shutter priories mode. In manual mode it read the minimum only. Until I but the lens release lever and it then would go to the right aperture. I didn't see anything like that in the pages I've read ( pages 23-44 I took my time and read twice.) thank you for your help.

Don't grease anything!

I suggest trying this: Assuming you are using an AF Nikkor lens, gently clean the electrical contacts at the base of the lens (a row of little metal bumps) with a Q-tip & contact cleaner or alcohol. Also carefully clean the contacts on the camera body that mate with those bumps. Then try again.

Don't grease anything!

I suggest trying this: Assuming you are using an AF Nikkor lens, gently clean the electrical contacts at the base of the lens (a row of little metal bumps) with a Q-tip & contact cleaner or alcohol. Also carefully clean the contacts on the camera body that mate with those bumps. Then try again.

Ha I was only kidding. I'll give it a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back