Naming a Business

jowensphoto

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I love and hate it all at once.

My friend, also named Jessica, and I are working to build our little empire. Our vision is "by women for women" photography, specializing in weddings (mostly her), boudoir (both of us) and maternity (me). Each subset has a "collection" name. We just need to figure out the umbrella name, the actually business name.

Ideally, it would be a non-cheesey play off our names but I can't come up with anything. It should be sexy, classy and feminine.

Any ideas or suggestions to get the creative wheels turning? I'm having a block.

Jess, what's wrong with By Women for Women Photography? You could use something like "By WOW Photo" as a watermark.

Jess, what's wrong with By Women for Women Photography? You could use something like "By WOW Photo" as a watermark.

that would have to be "by WOWO photo" for balance! Or WFW! Sounds like a wrestling match! (rednecks... sheeesh!) :lmao:

We may go with Jess&Jess or something...idk.

Bouquets and Bow ties for weddings
Pumps and Pearls for boudoir

idk about maternity yet.

that would have to be "by WOWO photo" for balance! Or WFW! Sounds like a wrestling match! (rednecks... sheeesh!) :lmao:

Charlie, go back to sleep. :lol: I guess I'm still sleeping this morning. I might wake up about noon, your time :)

I also like C'est Soir Boudoir... sounds sexy, though the translation doesn't make much sense.

mère avec une photographie de l'appareil photo? :)biglaugh:) (thank Goddess for Google Translate.. since I don't "Parley Vous")

I also like C'est Soir Boudoir... sounds sexy, though the translation doesn't make much sense.

Since your business does more than just Boudoir... that might be limiting...

For the boudoir collection, silly :)

We're struggling with our actual DBA.

Smart branding professionals hire good photographers to create great images for them.
I'm having a block.
You're not having a block. Brand creation, naming and identity requires an extraordinary amount of talent. Photographers are quick to suggest that critical photography shoots should not be handled by someone with little or no experience. The same can be said of something as critical as your company's naming challenges. How many here would advise against hiring a wedding photographer who has never shot a wedding? So how many brand identity jobs have you done? Like photographers, branding professionals get no respect. Just something to think about.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back