Nashville Concert Photography

GrantH

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello again! I made the short ride to Nashville with my parents today from Huntsville where I live, for them to see the area and what not. I planned on going to a show on the west side but decided to skip out on that and shortly after I had the realization that I now get to practice street AND concert photography. Two I have wanted to do for a while now, so I got to it. The following photos are from my last stop, a rather large 3 story bar with a band playing country songs and other hits as well.

I found an amazing photog shop as well, so I snagged a B&W polarizer and rapid R-Sport strap. I love both already.

Here are the two photos, hopefully I did well. I know the DOF is off, but you only get so much at close range and 2.0-2.2.

violinist1 by ProperStanceImages, on Flickr

lead1 by ProperStanceImages, on Flickr

PS: This was in general but no one said anything, so I brought it to the people section in hopes of response.

Considering that most of the clubs I've been in around here, which are admittedly few, are poorly lighted I think you did a very good job. Many of the club shots I've seen have been grossly underexposed or so blurred as to be nothing but colors,but you've got good detail in the faces.

Was the camera store Durys? It's about the only one I know of that is left besides Wolf Camera.

Considering that most of the clubs I've been in around here, which are admittedly few, are poorly lighted I think you did a very good job. Many of the club shots I've seen have been grossly underexposed or so blurred as to be nothing but colors,but you've got good detail in the faces.

Was the camera store Durys? It's about the only one I know of that is left besides Wolf Camera.

Yes, and what a great store that is. I could have spent an absolute fortune in there...very easily. The photos were taken on music row, the 3 story bar/club whathaveyou, can't remember the name. I think the stage lights helped considerably. A lot of the shots I got were at 320, at 3600 granted....but that is exactly why I stepped up from the t1i to a 7d.

Yep! Over the years I probably HAVE spent a small fortune there ;) They have been around here forever (literally. Looking at their web site they have been here for 125 years!), and used to have several stores around the Nashville area. I think the one on Ewing Street has always been their main store and warehouse though, and now it's the only one left. Back in the mid 80's they had a store downtown that was only a few blocks from my office. I was in it a couple of times a week ;)

There are so many clubs around that part of Nashville even if you did know the name I probably wouldn't recognize it ;)

Most reactions

Back