National Geographic issue

GooniesNeverSayDie11

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just figured I would toss this out there. There is an special issue of National Geographic currently on the stands that is devoted to the best wildlife images (I assume of this year ) Its very photo heavy, I flipped through it in the grocery line, nd it has some very stunning images, I highly recommend it.

Thanks, will check it out. I have a few from yesteryears at home. Some okay photos but a lot of crappy ones as well.

Thanks for the tip

Some okay photos but a lot of crappy ones as well.
Well yeah, not to belittle wildlife photography, but a good portion of getting awesome wildlife shots is being able to get to places most people can't. If I had the money to charter boats in Alaska, I would have great shots of whales and grizzly bears and seals and icebergs. Don't get me wrong, there is still skill involved and waiting for a great scene to unfold, but atleast 50-75% of it, is simply being there.

I disagree! While being able to travel to exotic places for unique points of view is certainly a necessity... just being there won't get you squat. You have to be there for days, weeks, maybe months, dealing with the elements outside. You have to tote around massive equipment. You may not see the animal your aiming for and when you do... you may have only seconds or minutes to capture something spectacular.

I've taken dozens of shots of deer and birds... none of them even worth posting for a critique here. I bet even if I spent a week tracking deer and rented the necessary equipment... I'd still have garbage.

I don't mean to be argumentative ;) but I recently watched a documentary on National Geographic photographers... and it was truly eye opening. I think it's probably the most demanding and strenuous photography job out there! Check out the documentary: Netflix - Unlimited TV Shows & Movies Online It's available instantly on Netflix if you have it.

Or if you don't have Netflix look here: Amazon.com: National Geographic's The Photographers: Keith David: Movies & TV

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I disagree! While being able to travel to exotic places for unique points of view is certainly a necessity... just being there won't get you squat. You have to be there for days, weeks, maybe months, dealing with the elements outside. You have to tote around massive equipment. You may not see the animal your aiming for and when you do... you may have only seconds or minutes to capture something spectacular.

I've taken dozens of shots of deer and birds... none of them even worth posting for a critique here. I bet even if I spent a week tracking deer and rented the necessary equipment... I'd still have garbage.

I don't mean to be argumentative ;) but I recently watched a documentary on National Geographic photographers... and it was truly eye opening. I think it's probably the most demanding and strenuous photography job out there! Check out the documentary: Netflix - Unlimited TV Shows & Movies Online It's available instantly on Netflix if you have it.

Or if you don't have Netflix look here: Amazon.com: National Geographic's The Photographers: Keith David: Movies & TV

Yeah, but you live in New York in civilization. Go deep into Denali state park. There is much more of an abundance of things in undisturbed lands. I also did not say that it did not take skill. I CAN take picture of deer and birds and whatnot, but its hard to get a picture in National Geo because people don't want to see something they can walk into their backyard and see. Thats not to say that you still don't have to think of quality angles and what not, but you can still get lucky from time to time if you actually can get there. Spending time is still being there. I don't have the luxury to go camp out in the winter wilderness for a week tracking bear. If National Geographic paid my bills, I would.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Sounds cool. Maybe I'll check it out when I go to the bookstore.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back