NATO Tiger Meet 2017

Seamus85

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Afternoon all,

Thought I'd share some more aviation images from a visit to the last year's Tiger Meet. The event was hosted by the French Navy, which meant a short hop across the English Channel to Britanny, and offered the chance to witness two and a half days of a busy, intensove military exercise, with some rather attractive special schemes thrown in. My first experience of this sort of event, and one I loved.

1)
Dassault Rafale M 36 Aeronavale BAN Landivisiau 14/06/17 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

2)
Dassault Rafale C 143/30-GV Armee de L'Air BAN Landivisiau 14/06/17 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

3)
Dassault Rafale B 324/30-HV Armee de L'Air BAN Landivisiau 14/06/17 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

4)
Boeing F/A-18C Hornet J-5011 Swiss Air Force BAN Landivisiau 14/06/17 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

5)
Aerospatiale AS-342M Gazelle 4145/GBY Armee de Terre BAN Landivisiau 14/06/17 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

6)
General Dynamics F-16AM Fighting Falcon FA-94 Belgian Air Component BAN Landivisiau 14/06/17 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

7)
Eurofighter Typhoon S MM7310/36-32 Italian Air Force BAN Landivisiau 14/06/17 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

8)
Grumman E-2C Hawkeye 2 Aeronavale BAN Landivisiau 14/06/17 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

9)
Saab JAS-39C Gripen 39238 BAN Landivisiau 13/06/17 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

10)
Dassault Rafale M 10 Aeronavale BAN Landivisiau 14/06/17 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

Hope they were of interest, there are plenty more on my Flickr account for those interested.

Cheers,

Shaun

Nice! I love these type of events! We're about 6 hrs from NAS Pensacola, where the Blue Angels are based. When they are on base they have a public day every week that you can watch them practice.

Cracking set of shots.

I'm jealous ;) I've wanted to go to that for as long as I can remember.

From your photos the paint schemes are, while still fascinating, somewhat tame compared to years past. Years ago they really went all-out to come up with the most interesting, over-the-top paint from the top of the empennage to the tip of the radome. Much like that Rafale in #2 but every square inch of the airplane.

Thanks all, much appreciated.

I'm jealous ;) I've wanted to go to that for as long as I can remember.

From your photos the paint schemes are, while still fascinating, somewhat tame compared to years past. Years ago they really went all-out to come up with the most interesting, over-the-top paint from the top of the empennage to the tip of the radome. Much like that Rafale in #2 but every square inch of the airplane.

Sadly, you're right, last years event was a little low key, certainly compared to Zaragoza the year before, where there were better schemes and larger numbers of aircraft too. That said, the White Tiger and Lorraine Rafale schemes were superb, and as a lover of the Rafale, spending two and a half days in and around their base with well over a dozen examples of the jet on show more than made up for that!

Thanks again,

Shaun

Thanks, the Rafale looks great from most angles, but no more so than head on!

Great Shots!!!

Most reactions

Back