Aviation Portfolio

Seamus85

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Morning all,

I mentioned in my introduction post that my passion is aviation so thought I'd share a selection of my favourite images taken over the years. I spend much of my spare time travelling across the UK attending airshows and hunting aircraft 'in the wild' so to speak, and this is just a small sample of the results. Happy to post more if there's any interest.

British Aerospace Harrier GR3A XZ991 Royal Air Force RAF Cosford 08/03/18 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

McDonnell Douglas F-4K Phantom FG1 XV586/010 Royal Navy RNAS Yeovilton 26/10/17 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

Sukhoi Su-27P1M Flanker 58 BLUE Ukrainian Air Force RAF Fairford 16/07/17 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

Westland WAH-64D Apache AH1 ZJ230 Army Air Corps RAF Fairford 16/07/17 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

Dassault Rafale M 36 Aeronavale RNAS Yeovilton 08/07/17 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

Rockwell B-1B Lancer 85-0084/EL US Air Force RAF Fairford 09/06/17 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

Boeing B-52H Stratofortress 60-0021/LA US Air Force RAF Fairford 11/06/17 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

Dassault Rafale C 133/4-GL Armee de L'Air Duxford 27/05/17 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

Lockheed Martin F-22A Raptor 09-4191/FF US Air Force RAF Fairford 10/07/16 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

Westland WAH-64D Apache AH1 ZJ231 Army Air Corps SPTA 30/06/16 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

AgustaWestland Merlin HC3i ZJ118/B Royal Navy Okehampton Camp 07/05/16 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

Eurofighter Typhoon FGR4 ZK349/GN-A Royal Air Force Dawlish 22/08/15 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

Westland Sea King HC4 ZE427/K Royal Navy Merryfield 10/06/15 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

Dassault Rafale C 141/113-GT Armee de L'Air RAF Fairford 21/07/13 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

Westland Sea King HC4 ZF117/X Royal Navy RNAS Yeovilton 13/07/13 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

Westland Sea King HC4 ZF119/WY Royal Navy Okehampton Camp 13/05/12 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

As I scrolled slowly through these, I was thinking: " I am going to have a hard time picking a favorite from these ". I reached #14 and I thought that no more! That is maybe my personal favorite aircraft photo I have seen anywhere on this site. Please, PLEASE post more. I am sure someone will tell you when posting multiple images, it is good practice to number them so the lucky viewers can more easily make a comment on a specific one. You have some incredible shots here and I am very envious of your access.

****Nominmated for POTM here:
April 2018 Photo of the Month Nominations

Last edited:
High quality throughout with several stunning shots. Thanks for sharing!

Shaun, some beautiful work here!

I too love aviation stuff! I am so jealous that the airshows on your side of the pond have a much larger variety than ours.

Thanks for the kind feedback, glad they were of interest.

As I scrolled slowly through these, I was thinking: " I am going to have a hard time picking a favorite from these ". I reached #14 and I thought that no more! That is maybe my personal favorite aircraft photo I have seen anywhere on this site. Please, PLEASE post more. I am sure someone will tell you when posting multiple images, it is good practice to number them so the lucky viewers can more easily make a comment on a specific one. You have some incredible shots here and I am very envious of your access.

****Nominmated for POTM here:
April 2018 Photo of the Month Nominations

I'm glad you enjoyed that shot, it's one of my favourites, and one of the best aircraft around too. I absolutely love the Rafale! I'll post more in time, but am conscious I could easily spam the board!

Shaun, some beautiful work here!

I too love aviation stuff! I am so jealous that the airshows on your side of the pond have a much larger variety than ours.

We are lucky here in the UK to have such a healthy airshow scene, as well as regular deployments of foreign types, but there are plenty of types on your side of the pond I'd love to see and shoot. One day I'll get over there....

Thanks again,

Shaun

Most reactions

New Topics

Back