Naural/In camera Vignetting.

Nix725

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was looking at some pictures a guy was taking for some clients at my job with his D700. I saw that a lot of his photos had Vignetting on them Pre processing. I was curious how I could achieve that with my D60.

Thanks for your help! :)

The D700 is full frame. With some lenses you get very obvious vignetting at wide angles and wide apertures. I believe that's the right combination. I have a really good example but I haven't uploaded it to my flickr page.

I'm using a FF Canon camera and a 24-70 at 24mm and I forget what aperture. It's very noticeable there.

So would I be able to get this effect on the D60 with a different lens? or is the actual camera body that matters to achieve this affect.

Plenty of ways to do it.

You could hold up a card with a cut out in it....and shoot through the cut out.
As mentioned, yo could use a lens that isn't meant for full frame coverage.

One of my favorite ways of doing it...is to manually override the zoom head on my flash...so that the beam of light isn't wide enough to cover the whole view of the lens.

I could also burn the edges in photoshop as well to achieve the effect right?

slap a couple UV filters on there.

post processing vignettes offer more control...for me anyway.

I could also burn the edges in photoshop as well to achieve the effect right?

if you want true black vignetting, go up to filters -> distortion -> lens (or lens correction depending what version of PS)

one of the options in there is vignetting. drag the slider to the left for dark vignetting.

if you want true black vignetting, go up to filters -> distortion -> lens (or lens correction depending what version of PS)

one of the options in there is vignetting. drag the slider to the left for dark vignetting.

I am using CS3. I will try this...Thank you everyone!:thumbup:

Most reactions

Back