Neck/Shoulder Strap

Donde

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I walk daily with my Canon R5, 400 5.6 lens and 600rt flash. Half the walk is downhill and the other half uphill. When walking downhill or on level ground I like to wear the combo around my neck for quicj access but when walking uphill I prefer to sling it over my shoulder. I wanted a strap that would stay put on my shoulder as I walk and not slide off so I googled "sticky camera straps". One of the more recommended was a strap by OP/TECH USA and I bought it. The strap has a broad neck/shoulder pad with thirty sticky buttons spaced about half an inch apart. Unfortunately it is not so sticky when slung over my shoulder and starts to slide down the shoulder of my pile jacket every six steps or so requiring me to hike it back up. Quite annoying! Searching further I came accross a strap by Journy Camera which seems to be much stickier. Speaking to the owner of the company he swore it wouldn't slide off so I've ordered it and hope for the best.

I walk daily with my Canon R5, 400 5.6 lens and 600rt flash. Half the walk is downhill and the other half uphill. When walking downhill or on level ground I like to wear the combo around my neck for quicj access but when walking uphill I prefer to sling it over my shoulder. I wanted a strap that would stay put on my shoulder as I walk and not slide off so I googled "sticky camera straps". One of the more recommended was a strap by OP/TECH USA and I bought it. The strap has a broad neck/shoulder pad with thirty sticky buttons spaced about half an inch apart. Unfortunately it is not so sticky when slung over my shoulder and starts to slide down the shoulder of my pile jacket every six steps or so requiring me to hike it back up. Quite annoying! Searching further I came accross a strap by Journy Camera which seems to be much stickier. Speaking to the owner of the company he swore it wouldn't slide off so I've ordered it and hope for the best.
I have a couple of the Optech straps and they are great and comfortable but as you say, they tend to slip. I'll have a look at Journy Camera but dunno if we'll get them here in the UK.

I use a Peak Design Slide, and wear it crossbody, strap on left shoulder, camera on right hip.
The Slide has a sticky side (I think silicone rubber), and a smooth side (no silicone). So your choice of how you want to use it.

I use a Peak Design Slide, and wear it crossbody, strap on left shoulder, camera on right hip.
The Slide has a sticky side (I think silicone rubber), and a smooth side (no silicone). So your choice of how you want to use it.
Same here, it's a great strap!

You might want to try a cross-body sling style. I use the Black Rapid version. The pad on my left shoulder is quite comfortable and stays in place. The camera with a 500mm lens hangs near my right hip and I can keep a hand on it to keep it stable while hiking. The camera attaches to the strap on a slide so it is easy to bring up to shoot.

Rickbb that was the solution!

I'll second PJM. I finally got a Black Rapid, and have never regretted it. The best part for me is that it doesn't make my neck or shoulder sore. Whew!

URTH strap.

Attachments

• 7F7BA9F0-7675-4126-B0F0-950034BF3082.jpeg
    7F7BA9F0-7675-4126-B0F0-950034BF3082.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 32
I had a store brand neoprene strap I picked up a number of years ago, but it had too much stretch than I cared for with the D740, so I switched to Peak Design a few months ago. I love it.

Most reactions

Back