Neckstrap

I find that when I want to shoot in a vertical orientation that I have reliable safety for my equipment by simply wrapping the strap around my right wrist. I use a Tamron strap that is about two inches wide and stretches a little - it's a foam of some kind - and relieves neck cramps when I do wear it around my neck.

You can also wrap the strap under your shoulder which puts some tension on the strap when you lift the viewfinder up to your eye - this adds some stability for shooting at slower speeds, too (1/15th-1/45th seconds).

Michael

My neck straps have clips for easy removal, but I only do that when the camera is on the tripod. I have been thinking about trying out a hand strap. Wearing the neck strap doesn't bother me, but sometimes I do like to hold the camera out, down, or up farther than the strap around my neck allows. It's not really a big deal to mess with the strap, but it does sort of interrupt my flow. When using a vert grip I usually orient the strap so the camera hangs vert, but I don't use a vert grip very often.

I find that when I want to shoot in a vertical orientation that I have reliable safety for my equipment by simply wrapping the strap around my right wrist.

You can also wrap the strap under your shoulder which puts some tension on the strap when you lift the viewfinder up to your eye - this adds some stability for shooting at slower speeds, too (1/15th-1/45th seconds).

Michael

Pretty much what I was going to say.

I have TPF straps on 3 cameras, and a set of extensions depending on the situation, but they come in handy while using two cameras. When you turn a camera to portrait orientation the strap tends to fall right in front of the viewfinder, which sucks, but with a grip you can connect the strap to the grip rather than the right side of the camera, which keeps it out of the way.

Here is the link to the TPF strap, for some reason the tpf store is quite hard to find on this site; maybe some one should change that.
ThePhotoForum.com Op/Tech Straps
It's an op-teck pro loop strap, it is very nice and the TPF sells them CHEAPER than any other place on the net.

Yep, its really a great camera strap. Love mine. :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back