Neckstrap

DexGtr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I find the neck strap annoying especially if i'm taking pictures vertically....

do all of you guys use a neck strap? i'm planning on getting a grip and grip belt for my camera and remove the neck strap...i'm just wondering how everyone else do it.

I find the neck strap annoying especially if i'm taking pictures vertically....

do all of you guys use a neck strap? i'm planning on getting a grip and grip belt for my camera and remove the neck strap...i'm just wondering how everyone else do it.

It really depends on the situation for me.
When I'm by any water or somewhere high, I'll always put it around my neck then hold it as I usually do, just for safety reasons. If my camera was 100% resistant to any drops, I would wear neck strap so much less. It's not that I find the neck strap itself annoying, it's just that the camera is so big, I don't like how it hangs in front of me.

Always either a neck-strap or hand-strap, but ninety-eight percent of the time it's a neck-strap. Yep, it can be annoying, BUT a little annoyance compared to pieces of camera on a concrete floor? No contest for me.

Yep, it can be annoying, BUT a little annoyance compared to pieces of camera on a concrete floor? No contest for me.

that's the only thing keeping me from taking it off :lol:

I find the strap handy for when using the 70-200mm lens about the place but an utter pain when doing any macro work (I take it off for macro) - a handstrap would probably be better for that game.

As fro the stock straps they are generally quite uncomfortable - there are others on the market that are more comfortable (TPF had its own ones at one point though I belive they are no longer availible)

Always either a neck-strap or hand-strap, but ninety-eight percent of the time it's a neck-strap. Yep, it can be annoying, BUT a little annoyance compared to pieces of camera on a concrete floor? No contest for me.

Im with you on this one ^^^^^^^^^ but it can be ditracting....

I use a skooba one, it is great.

Agreed, I find it annoying too but it's worth putting up with so I don't drop my camera on the floor.

FYI, you can get a free strap from Smugmug that's quite comfortable, much better padded than the one that comes with the camera(at least the Nikon one).

Do any of you take the strap off when you're doing tripod shots, or do you just let it hang? I find it gets in the way.... Anyone make a quick-release snap-type system for a DSLR to get the strap on/off quickly?

It doesnt really bother me to be honest. All depends on what I'm shooting. If Im doing Macro I take it off.

I have TPF straps on 3 cameras, and a set of extensions depending on the situation, but they come in handy while using two cameras. When you turn a camera to portrait orientation the strap tends to fall right in front of the viewfinder, which sucks, but with a grip you can connect the strap to the grip rather than the right side of the camera, which keeps it out of the way.

Here is the link to the TPF strap, for some reason the tpf store is quite hard to find on this site; maybe some one should change that.
ThePhotoForum.com Op/Tech Straps
It's an op-teck pro loop strap, it is very nice and the TPF sells them CHEAPER than any other place on the net.

Agreed, I find it annoying too but it's worth putting up with so I don't drop my camera on the floor.

FYI, you can get a free strap from Smugmug that's quite comfortable, much better padded than the one that comes with the camera(at least the Nikon one).

Do any of you take the strap off when you're doing tripod shots, or do you just let it hang? I find it gets in the way.... Anyone make a quick-release snap-type system for a DSLR to get the strap on/off quickly?

The TPF strap is very comfortable, well padded, and has quick connect clips on each end.

I use Domke gripper straps on my cameras. They're narrow, black, and inconspicuous, and they are not only quite comfortable but the rubber grip strips keep cameras tightly on your shoulder. If I'm somewhere I'm worried about the camera getting stolen I'll have it around my neck or across my chest.

Hey thank you for the link:thumbup:

I like the quick-disconnect but I'd rather see it down at the camera body so that the straps aren't dangling around. Anyone make anything like that?

Whoa - I was gonna bring up this exact post!!! I've only had my camera one week and it's gotten my way many, many, times.

That thing is crazy annoying. *Especially* when I'm doing anything with the tripod.

However, upon further review, I just decided the $500 I spend (on the body alone) was reason enough to always leave it on. I think I will get much more used to it the more I use it.

Most reactions

Back