Neckstraps, Neckstraps, Neckstraps..

Canon88

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all,

I'm new to this forum and look forward to chatting with many of you! I have a question that I couldn't seem to find a better 'category' for, so I thought it would be well-suited here?

Anyway, my question is this:

I'm sort of a unique guy - I think everyone here can appreciate that - we're all photographers! I want a unique neckstrap. Something with some personality/individuality to it. I know, I know; some of you out there are probably saying to yourselves something along the lines of 'ask a real question', but this is a real question to me.

Do custom/personalized/unique camera neckstraps exist? Where can I find them?

I know the TPF strap is great, and I have one on a Blad. But the strap I really prefer is called the UPstrap:
http://upstrap-pro.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PLST
I use a classic on my D1X's and just got the QR for the new D3. (the QR ROCKS!)

I have something similar to the strap in that link, but I bought mine from Wolf Camera. I'm looking more for something with a bit of color and vibe to it.

I should have elaborated on this further in my original post, but an example would be... something like guitar straps. There are many unique guitar straps to choose from, with different colors/designs/etc. Anything like that for a camera or that can be custom made for a camera?

Mite try buying a plain black one and takin it to your local embroidery shop/ seamstres. They should be able to so puttin near anything you want on there. I used to modify jeans when I got bored in the dorm by drawing out what i wanted to put on there and then just sewing on the lines. Also, patterns of objects printed from the internet can do wonders. Kyle

I have something similar to the strap in that link, but I bought mine from Wolf Camera. I'm looking more for something with a bit of color and vibe to it.

I should have elaborated on this further in my original post, but an example would be... something like guitar straps. There are many unique guitar straps to choose from, with different colors/designs/etc. Anything like that for a camera or that can be custom made for a camera?

Sorry. I always bought a strap for it's functionality and not decoration, but that's just me. I like the up-strap because almost can't break and it won't slip off my shoulder. The narrow part of the strap is Kevlar, and the pad is a sticky rubber. Important when a long tele or zoom is on the camera.

What's the difference between a camera strap and a guitar strap...probably just the fasteners on the end.

I'm sure you could find a way to change or modify any sort of strap to be a camera strap.

I've seen some pretty funky straps at used cameras shops and swap meets.

First off how exactly is this part of "Digital discussion". Second for me I want the thinnest straps I can get. I have several old straps that I have saved fromm older cameras that are about as wide all the way through as the narrowest parts of most straps so for me I would relly have nowhere to do embroidery or decoration. Just remember though nothing is unique anymore everything has been done and done again so I wouldn't break my neck in this search for uniqueness.

Most reactions

Back