Nectarine and Lilies

jenko

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well conceived. You're right that you wanted something where the nectarine is, but I am not feeling the fruit. You introduced a new color palette, two or three new textures, and a couple of new shapes all in one go. It's not visually connecting with the flowers, for me, it's just filling a space. Also, it appears half-eaten which is a little... yuck.

I'm not sure what would be better there, something that echoes at least some other element in the frame, I think. I like the idea of an accenting color, which suggests that something of a shape similar to something else in the frame would serve.

Also, I'd be a little happier is the vase and the accent piece were exchanged left to right -- the vase still behind, but more centered, with the accent in front, at it's foot, but to the right in the frame. The accent would be the corner of a pyramidal form, underneath the yellow lily. I'm envisioning a smaller vase or cup, in a contrasting color?

The light I am finding a little flat. The seamless black background is dramatic, and can support really very very dramatic high ratio lighting, which I am missing, here.

All that blather said, this is very nice. Very much my cup of tea, I shoot things like this and I very much like things like there, and there is a great deal to like about this picture. Well done!

amoliter, appreciate the well thought out critique!

ktan, thanks!

Most reactions

Back