What's new

Need 0.9/X8 ND filter - regular or multi-coated? Confused

creisinger

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 19, 2009
Messages
470
Reaction score
2
Location
Miami
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm on a tight budget for an ND filter.

I'm often taking pictures at the beach and it's awfully bright. I also want to do some time lapse footage in day light with motion blur, therefore I need at least X8 (I hope that's enough...).

If someone has experience with Hoya filter let me know if they're any good. I wish I could spend $150 on a single filter but that's out of the question.

Is this any good:
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Hoya-72mm-Neutral-Density-Filter/dp/B0000AIS27/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1265561022&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: Hoya 72mm NDX8 HMC Neutral Density Filter: Electronics[/ame]

or multi coated:
A72ND8XGB Hoya 72mm 8X (0.9) Neutral Density Multicoated Glass Filter

Any info is appreciated. Thanks.
 
OK got that.

I also wanted to know if Hoya is any good?
Of course relatively to the price...
 
Yes Hoya is a good manufacturer. I have several of their filters.
 
Yes Hoya is a good manufacturer. I have several of their filters.

Thanks for the response.
I "only" want it for my 18-200mm Nikkor VR so I hope it wouldn't degrade that picture too much.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom