Need a Good Travel Bag

Live_free

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Going to San Fran for a college course during this summer. I need a new bag and have a few questions.

Should I get a battery grip and more batteries? I already have some 6 SD cards. (Phone, Tablet, Etc all use the same thing :3)

If so is it ok to buy off-brand batteries and grips?

For Example:
Official Battery for 30 bucks
One Battery for 13 Bucks
2 Batteries for 15 bucks

Grips:
Nikon: 150$
Off brand: 40-60

I need a good travel bag. It only needs to meet three requirements.
-Carry on size.
-Room for 70-200 2.8 Lens
-Room for tablet and space where I can throw stuff much like a backpack. (I will be gone for 3 weeks so I will need all the room to fill with clothes and the like)

Price: Under 150, or so... (I can spend more just cheaper in better)

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
-Room for tablet and space where I can throw stuff much like a backpack. (I will be gone for 3 weeks so I will need all the room to fill with clothes and the like)

Are you looking for a camera bag or luggage?

I like my KATA 3n1-10... the 3n1-30 would be more the size you are after.

All of my gear listed fits into my 3n1-10, but I cannot have any lenses attached to the body.

p!nK

I have the Domke F2 and i LOVE it. I fit my 80-200 2.8(hood reversed) in one section, my 50mm and 24mm in another, my 105mm micro in another (with a package of batteries underneath it), and an sb600 in the fourth slot, and the camera next to the four section part. And countless little items and cords in the outisde pockets.

Regards,
Jake

All of my gear listed fits into my 3n1-10, but I cannot have any lenses attached to the body.

p!nK

Well camera bag, that I can shove little things in too as I don't have that much camera stuff.

If anyone can give input about the batteries and grips too that would be great. :)

p!nK

Well camera bag, that I can shove little things in too as I don't have that much camera stuff.

If anyone can give input about the batteries and grips too that would be great. :)

Do you NEED a grip?

p!nK

Do you NEED a grip?

Well need? No, but being that I will be going all day with my camera all over san fran it would be convenient. I will be buying 2 more batteries though, which ones? I don't know if I should go with brand or off brand or if there is any real difference.

Most reactions

Back